Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M40 and M42

Article about: Hello Everyone. I have finally found some helmets that I like and that I could afford! I am going to buy them from Germanhelmetsinc.com. First of all I was wondering if any of you have any e

Default M40 and M42

Hello Everyone. I have finally found some helmets that I like and that I could afford! I am going to buy them from Germanhelmetsinc.com. First of all I was wondering if any of you have any experiences with the seller, is he credible? Also I am going to post their pictures because I would really appreciate your guy's input, I value any time or opinion you guys put into your comments. The first one I will post is the M40 Heer helmet, it has a painted over decal and I think a bullet hit the front of it. Thank you guys very much for the input ahead of time! have a great day/ night!

- - Updated - -

Here is the M42...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 and M42   M40 and M42  

M40 and M42   M40 and M42  

M40 and M42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 and M42
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 and M42

A couple of good honest examples mate, great starter helmets. Ken N is one of the dealers I would put my faith in, he literally wrote the book on German lids. A very well known figure in the field.

Look good to me.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    A couple of good honest examples mate, great starter helmets. Ken N is one of the dealers I would put my faith in, he literally wrote the book on German lids. A very well known figure in the field.
    Agree completely, Ken Niewiarowicz is one of the best guys you can deal with.
    Having said that, and certainly nothing against Ken, you should always base your decisions on the helmet(s) in question and not a dealer's reputation.
    Just as you have done, it is a good idea to ask for opinions, especially if you are new to the hobby.
    The lids you have posted look ok to me as well, is the M40 coloured LW blue inside, with a green overpaint?

Brad.

?

Good starter lids!

Great beginner lids for the collection. As the others have said no problems with the seller either

Jason

Nice helmets with good liners.Go for it,they will look a treat on the shelf!!

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Agree completely, Ken Niewiarowicz is one of the best guys you can deal with.
    Having said that, and certainly nothing against Ken, you should always base your decisions on the helmet(s) in question and not a dealer's reputation.
    Just as you have done, it is a good idea to ask for opinions, especially if you are new to the hobby.
    The lids you have posted look ok to me as well, is the M40 coloured Luftwaffe blue inside, with a green overpaint?

Brad.
    Thank you everyone for your input. Brad, it looks like blue paint on the inside to me as well, but I do not have the helmets yet, great observation! I did not notice that.