Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 or M42?

Article about: i bought this reproduction helmet for reenactments and i want to know, is this an M40 or M42 model helmet? i've always found those two models the hardest to distinguish any tips on their dif

Default Re: M40 or M42?

I'm sure the decision to produce helmets without decals reduced the cost and time it took to manufacture helmets and then ship them out to troops.

Plus, it didn't really make sense to add decals considering that the decals on many helmets were painted over w camo paint/ white wash or covered w wire, netting, foliage, etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 or M42?
    P
    Many

?

Depending on whether they obeyed the orders , Yes,

Some things like the presence of decals, models, etc are also determined by the maker. For example, Quist produced M40's nearly up until the end of the war, even without decals, completely disregarding the model change to M42's. Quist M42's were only produced very late in the war and only in very small numbers, which makes them very hard to find.

Single decal Luftwaffe M40's are among the most common helmets and there are many examples out there that are named to HG Division members, etc. A Luftwaffe decal would be acceptable for yours, although it could use a LW blue repaint.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    A Luftwaffe decal would be acceptable for yours, although it could use a LW blue repaint.
    I was just about to suggest that!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Some things like the presence of decals, models, etc are also determined by the maker. For example, Quist produced M40's nearly up until the end of the war, even without decals, completely disregarding the model change to M42's. Quist M42's were only produced very late in the war and only in very small numbers, which makes them very hard to find.

Single decal Luftwaffe M40's are among the most common helmets and there are many examples out there that are named to HG Division members, etc. A Luftwaffe decal would be acceptable for yours, although it could use a LW blue repaint.
    well we represent thr 8th LFD who were by Stalingrad and they had normal colour scheme helmets as all their equipment was directly supplied by the Wehrmacht, so, im going to keep this colour but have the netting over it. thanks for all the info you guys

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2