Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 or M42, Heer

Article about: Please tell me what you think of this helmet? I wish I could get better pictures but I don't think so. Do you think it is a M40 or M42. What do you think of the liner? Is that original? Than

Default M40 or M42, Heer

Please tell me what you think of this helmet? I wish I could get better pictures but I don't think so. Do you think it is a M40 or M42. What do you think of the liner? Is that original?

Thanks,

William

M40 or M42, HeerM40 or M42, HeerM40 or M42, HeerM40 or M42, HeerM40 or M42, Heer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 or M42, Heer
    P
    Many

Hi will , looks a fake all ends up to me, leave it well alone. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi will , looks a fake all ends up to me, leave it well alone. Leon.
    How do you know that so quickly? What do you look for? I am amazed at you guy's ability to evaluate so quickly.

Thanks,

William

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    How do you know that so quickly? What do you look for? I am amazed at you guy's ability to evaluate so quickly.

Thanks,

William
    Hi William , well the liner looks to be fake , the leather just looks thin and new ,not "good old" quality of either pig skin or cattle! The decals quite honestly are not convincing me and the draw cord/string is not original so putting it all together I would give it a miss! That all said as ever good close ups of the decals would help. Oh and M40 double decals are as rare as giant auk s**t!! Leon.

It's supposed to be a M40 (you can tell by the rolled rim and stamped vents). This one appears to be a complete fake. The decals are bad, the liner is bad, I don't even think the shell is good. Sorry

Nothing about that helmet looks correct. I wouldn't buy it.

?

Hi William,
    Yep, totally faked inside and out.
    Is it yours, or are you considering buying it?
    If you want to learn how to tell the good from the bad, you will need to study up.
    Read the threads on here, take note of what you see and read, especially the pinned reference threads.
    You will learn heaps, and the fellas here are more than happy to help.
    If you are looking to buy, always post it up here for opinions and get good quality photos, to get good quality opinions.

Brad.

Thanks to all. I saw it on Craigslist and was curious.

William

I don't even know where you find a camera that can white wash pics that bad!

Does anyone recognize this makers mark? Looks like "FSR" with a tree. I can't make out the stamping in back.

M40 or M42, HeerM40 or M42, Heer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast