Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 Medic helmet

Article about: if its fake, then my guess is that its a no-decal M40 that got a fake coat of paint on it. other than that i cant spot anything potentially wrong with it.

Default Re: M40 Medic helmet

if its fake, then my guess is that its a no-decal M40 that got a fake coat of paint on it. other than that i cant spot anything potentially wrong with it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Medic helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    if its fake, then my guess is that its a no-decal M40 that got a fake coat of paint on it. other than that i cant spot anything potentially wrong with it.
    look deeper

I never really like to pass judgement just by going off pictures. But I have to be honest and say that the rust looks a little too 'fresh' and some of the deeper scratches look a little contrived. The rust really reminds me of the affect I get when rust-bluing weapon parts with ammonium-chloride solution. If I were to hold it and examine, it would certainly give a better idea of its authenticity.

There are some red flags with this piece that have members scratching their heads. Real or not, does one want to tie up a significant amount of cash in a piece that is going to raise the same questions down the road when the time comes to pass it on to the next collector. I have walked away from helmets that I thought (hoped?!?) might - I repeat, might have been real because of this type of issue. Of course, as others have already said, if the price is right, and you like the piece, it is ultimately your choice whether to buy it. From what I see, and from what others have said, however, I would not take the chance. Just my 2 cents. Jim G.

I love it when a Medic lid turns up on here.. almost impossible to prove whether its good or not. This one looks bad to me.I Just get a bad feeling about it.I think I saw this one on ebay recently.. It does look like a bit of Luftwaffe blue paint is lurking under the supposed zimmerit however. I find it a bit....... ugly though.

has any one noticed that the rear liner pin seems to be way too low on the helmet. Maybe its just the photos but it looks very low

Quote by waffenrock42 View Post
    has any one noticed that the rear liner pin seems to be way too low on the helmet. Maybe its just the photos but it looks very low
    i think its an optical illusion because the red cross on the back is painted a little higher up. it makes the rear liner pin look lower.

wolfedawg
    ?

I would avoid this one, like others have said, too much contrived wear, very unnatural.

?

Unless you have bulletproof provenance I would avoid a painted medic helmet unless it has all the bells and whistles and is the price of a no decal. This one does not seem to have any bells and no whistles and should probably be avoided to be safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2