Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 "nd"

Article about: Oh i forgot to say , the lot number suggests it may have been a single decal HEER helmet so at least it's the right branch of service! Leon.

Oh i forgot to say , the lot number suggests it may have been a single decal HEER helmet so at least it's the right branch of service! Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 "nd"
    P
    Many

?

Thanks, I've tested with rubber now and it seems that don't that much does "loss" but the decal becomes fading if I continue with the work. Do you think I should continue rubbing?

The helmet looked like this before the previous owner re-decaled it. So theres not really paint underneath.

M40 "nd"

?

This is how it looks like after 10 minutes of rubbing, I start to see some rust coming thru, should i continue or will it just look strange after the cure?

Thanks Al (ps, the white spots on the decal was already there, i've only rubbed in the rust-circle).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 "nd"  

If it's slowly working why not!! Keep on rubbing away. Leon.

I would agree with fallschirmjager. Even if it were to end up ugly, you could just stick another repro decal on and pretend nothing ever happened!

wow it's really on there, I hoped it would rip and flake off but I suppose if it is working keep at it. You could try acetone on a cottonbud, it will melt the decal but be careful of the underlying paint.

?

Okay, so I kept on rubbing in 30 minutes without any remarkable better result and cramp in my fingertops. So I carefully scraped the decal off with a sharp knife, some of you might think that this was dumb. But I think it looks better now compare to how it looked with that crappy decal. Be aware that a German soldier also did the same as I did 70 years ago so it was in pretty bad shape under the repro decal, the most damage is done 70 years ago. The bare metal will probably rust in a acouple of years and give it a nicer look.

So here it is..M40 "nd"M40 "nd"

A bit drastic with the knife bud, I would go down the acetone and q-tip route now and see if the remainder can be persuaded into shifting.

?

Well maybe, I can understand that. But it actually looks better than in these pictures, I think I won't touch it any more and just let it be.

But thanks

I'm thinking that may be a good idea.

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast