Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 nd opinions

Article about: Hi guys, i picked this up today and was wondering what the panel think. First time that i have tried to take good photos so go easy .I love the look of it , upon closer inspection there appe

Default M40 nd opinions

Hi guys, i picked this up today and was wondering what the panel think. First time that i have tried to take good photos so go easy .I love the look of it , upon closer inspection there appears to be the remains of whitewash and also the darker browner areas seem to be actual paint ??? I cannot make out the numbers at the rear excactly but they appear to be 13746 and can find nothing above the left ear side to indicate size but could be a 62.

Bob

M40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 nd opinions
    P
    Many

This looks like a good camo helmet to me. Saying that, the liner looks awfully dark (suggesting Finnish reissue), but I think it is just age.

The liner is not as dark as appears (pics were taken inside at night) it is well used thats for sure. I spotted it among a sea of lids and it kind of just spoke to me if that makes sense and while i had it in my hand another chap walked up and commented on what a good looking lid it appeared to be (really nice fella by the way from liverpool way ?? trevor??) anyway obviously i bought it and some other bits. Just hope i ain't got stung being a newbie an all !!!

Hi , I really cannot make my mind up on the "cammo" from these images. Could you take some pictures in natural light please? The liner looks ok to me , I cannot see any red staining to the stitching on the tongue that would have indicated Norwegian. Leon.

Good helmet for sure as Leon said take in natural light it may very well be a cammo kind of looks like it. timothy

The one liner pin we can see looks to have mighty long legs on it that look like they have been re-bent, possibly indicating a replaced liner at best or a replaced liner with fake pins at worst IMO. Sorry to be a wet blanket but I don't see convincing wear to the paint on the rim of the shell commensurate with the age of the inner shell. To be honest, I'd be thinking this is a reasonably recent post war repaint. Hope i'm wrong but that's what I see.

Thanks guys for all your comments. I picked it up at a fair yesterday so the pics were done in my dining room so not the best.when i had a good going over it last night with my loupe thats when i picked out that the reddish brown colour was in fact paint and also every indentation has the remains of white paint within it,i see what glen is saying about the wear pattern but in the hand it is different than the actual picture looks. My initial thoughts on the liner were to question was it norwegian but as mentioned above there are no signs of the thread being dyed. i would definately say the liner has been out which is unfortuanate but who knows why re-issue etc etc? I will try to get pics in the daylight but it is a little bit wet here in the UK at the moment !!.

It seems to be very addictive this collecting malarky as i have got another 6 since november
    Last edited by magneto; 02-11-2014 at 12:02 AM.

any one any ideas on make ? NS ?...

Took some pics outside today (not raining at last !! )

M40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinionsM40 nd opinions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 nd opinions  

I'm 50/50 on this one I thought yes on inside pics. Thinking no with the outside pics. Still thinking. Still a original helmet
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast