Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 nd opinions

Article about: Hi guys, i picked this up today and was wondering what the panel think. First time that i have tried to take good photos so go easy .I love the look of it , upon closer inspection there appe

To my eyes it looks like this one has had a layer of post-war paint removed ---

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 nd opinions
    P
    Many

If this helmet says NS62 then it's a Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke AG, Schwerte in size 62. Pretty small lid... but the smallest I've ever seen was a size 60.
    Are you able to see the markings on the metal ring inside?

It most definately has been whitewashed if you click on the pics you can see it in the low spots,the reddish brown areas are paint and not bare metal,cant see any signs at all even with the loupe of a trace of decals or maker??? The lot numbers are clearly visable and i have just gone back through the thread and the pic with the lot numbers if you click on it and blow it up is there what looks like a another mark in front of it or is it just me?? The guy i got it off mentioned that he thought it was Austrian, but i thought they only did earlier lids but don't know enough about that to comment really.

EDIT.

Have just looked in the liner and it says SHUBERTH-WERKE - - - - - with DRP 1940 and on the other side it is marked
    62nA

?

I am not all that convinced in regards to the paint, although as Slados28 points out, it may have had a layer of post war paint removed at some stage.
    From what I can see, those air vents indicate it was made by the SE/hkp factory in my opinion.

Brad.

Quote by Lidman View Post
    I am not all that convinced in regards to the paint, although as Slados28 points out, it may have had a layer of post war paint removed at some stage.
    From what I can see, those air vents indicate it was made by the SE/hkp factory in my opinion.

Brad.
    That would make sense according to the lot number,

M40 SE64 13746 SD HEER ZSH CV
    M40 SE64 13746 SD HEER ZSH CV TO SD RAD

I tend to agree with cleaned /paint removed but why then is the top coat not in the surface imperfections covering the whitewash remains ?, if only they could talk eh !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2