Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 “pink” Dak Camo

Article about: Hey guys! I just recently saw this helmet and it really stuck out to me and I liked it I’m asking for close ups of the decal area and will post them when I get them. Everything seems good to

Default M40 “pink” Dak Camo

Hey guys! I just recently saw this helmet and it really stuck out to me and I liked it I’m asking for close ups of the decal area and will post them when I get them. Everything seems good to me including the patina only thing I do not like is the paint that appears to be on the inside of the dome. Any opinions are highly appreciated thank you guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 “pink” Dak Camo   M40 “pink” Dak Camo  

M40 “pink” Dak Camo   M40 “pink” Dak Camo  

M40 “pink” Dak Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 “pink” Dak Camo
    P
    Many

I am not qualified to comment on originality but the paint in the crown looks more to me like an "owners mark" possibly a letter W than any painting of the inside of the helmet.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

That’s a very good observation Watchdog thank you! That seems very possible.

Hi Giants,

Agree with Watchdog. As soon as I saw the paint in the dome I thought it was probably the soldiers name - possibly a W. The original underlying paint looks to me like a shade of Luftwaffe blue.

I do like the look of this one - nothing looks forced or contrived and it all looks very uniform.

I am in no way experienced with camos and these are just my observations so of course wait for the opinions of the more experienced members.

Andy

MAP
    ?

This one was discussed a short while ago. Not sure if here or with others via email... getting old...

On my cell now so can't really search well

I think I nicked named it Two Face or Scar Face given the dual personality
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Giants, same seller as your last one posted I see!! This time though I would say that it is a 100% good original "pink" DAK. I love it! Leon.

I like this helmet. It looks to me that the paint has been taken right up to the liner band but not beyond - you can see traces of the paint on the liner band itself.
    I believe Anders has two DAK helmets which look similar to this.
    Nick

looks good to me to , honest patina and wear.

A nice looking helmet, please do not be tempted to go "digging" for the decals. Items like this need to be left as they were originally intended by the alte saltz that wore them.

I’m no expert on these Camo’s Giants so can’t comment ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast