Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M40 plane jane - any thoughts would be apprecaited

Article about: Hi, I was offered this M40. I want to know whether the paint looks original? Also, what is the value in this condition? I am being forced to make the seller an offer. Thank you in advance.

Default M40 plane jane - any thoughts would be apprecaited

Hi,
    I was offered this M40.
    I want to know whether the paint looks original?
    Also, what is the value in this condition?
    I am being forced to make the seller an offer.
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 plane jane - any thoughts would be apprecaited   M40 plane jane - any thoughts would be apprecaited  

M40 plane jane - any thoughts would be apprecaited   M40 plane jane - any thoughts would be apprecaited  

M40 plane jane - any thoughts would be apprecaited  
    Attached Images Attached Images M40 plane jane - any thoughts would be apprecaited  M40 plane jane - any thoughts would be apprecaited 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 plane jane - any thoughts would be apprecaited
    P
    Many

For me I would not offer over 150.00 tops.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Do you have a picture of the makers mark & size and possibly a date off of the liner band ?
    The helmet looks good. Value is relative to how much you are willing to pay.
    In USD I think somewhere in the $250.00 range.

No, unfortunately these are the poor photos the seller sent me and now he wants ME to make him an offer.
    Thanks for the opinions.

MAP
    ?

Agree with Steve. From these poor pictures, the paint has a good chance. Probably exposed to poor storage over the years. The liner though seems dry and brittle and the string looks like a replacement.

I have a feeling that it may look better in hand. These photos look washed out and over exposed. But only an in hand inspection will tell.

If he is making YOU give an offer, start low. But I think you know the drill.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I agree with what was said, And also what Mike is suggesting. If the seller wants an OFFER NOW. Lowball him and then haggle ,haggle,haggle!!!! All he can do is come back with a counter offer. It looks like a descent lid(Less broken chin strap). That's sounds like a lot of pressure being put on you?? "I am being forced to make the seller an offer"
    This should never be a reason to part with your hard earned cash!
    This isn't on craiglist is it???

Semper Fi
    Phil

Looks to be a small size. Looks genuine. 250 sounds reasonable. Be aware this is only an opinion. I'd mention the torn liner, replaced liner string and broken chin strap as mitigating factors. Better photos will certainly help. NH

I think it looks good - I paid $400 USD for a similar-condition M.42 a few years back. That seems to have been about the going rate at the time from what I was able to tell.

I start at $100 and see where you go...