Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)

Article about: I just received this one today. It had a very ugly painted shield, but I was hoping under that ugly paint lurked a decal. Well, part of one is definitely there. Looks like someone rendered t

Default M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)

I just received this one today. It had a very ugly painted shield, but I was hoping under that ugly paint lurked a decal. Well, part of one is definitely there. Looks like someone rendered this 'entnazifiert' on the right side. Fortunately they didn't mess with the police decal. This is my first one with all the parts, liner, chin strap. Maker marked Q64.

I've included the before picture, also. It was UGLY!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)   M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)  

M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)   M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)  

M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)   M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)  

Attached Images Attached Images M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)

Wow - Great job of cleaning off all the newer emblem paint.
    It looks 100% better than how it was when you got it.

A draw string and you're set.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Is this one of Dave helmets.
    Looks great,
    chris

Thanks, guys. Yes, this one was from Dave. (Who I had the pleasure of meeting at the SOS in Louisville KY, USA this past weekend)

I just bought my first helmet from Dave. US M1917 "Dough Boy" helmet. Fantasic helmet and excellent customer service! I'm sure I will be buying from Dave again. Great police helmet you got.

?

Much better! Dave's a good honest broker.

I think whoever painted that was either drunk or had a 6 year old do it with model paint and brush...Terrible job. Much better now.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Great looking lid!...now

Thanks. I had a feeling that I might find the remnants of a party shield under that horrible paint, and if not, I'd have a single-decal helmet. The gamble paid off, this time. I could just see some kid painting that on their because the original owner had scraped off the swastika, and he wanted to play war with his buddies.

Here it is awaiting a helmet stand, along with its cousins.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)  

Hi, I also have a Q64 M40 Polizei which has the party shield removed by sanding and the eagle left intact - as the helmet is in good condition I assume a previous owner has uncovered the remains of the party shield. Usually denazification involves removing the swastikas so i'm wondering whether some Polizei units may have painted over the party shield? Thanks Terry
    M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)M40 Police, almost double decal (but not quite)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast