Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M40 q66 nd

Article about: Hello Collectors, What do you think of this helmet? i soon get better pics but here are some to start with.

Default M40 q66 nd

Hello Collectors,

What do you think of this helmet? i soon get better pics but here are some to start with.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 q66 nd   M40 q66 nd  

M40 q66 nd   M40 q66 nd  

M40 q66 nd  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 q66 nd
    P
    Many

?

This one looks ok at first, from the poor pics here. Great maker and size...nice clear lot # stamps, and it's named. The paint looks to be very fresh, almost too fresh. How do the liner pins look inside?
    Last edited by Dean; 08-21-2013 at 01:25 PM.

I'd like to see more photos under better lighting. I'm not comfortable with this liner belonging to this helmet. By the lot # looks to be engraved "WOG" which appears to maybe be under the paint. I am uneasy with this one until better photos are provided.

?

I had that same feeling, Todd. That's why I wanted to see the pins. Also , Theres a bend at the front liner band. Some better images are needed to be sure.
    The inscription looks like "Wolf" , to me.

Could be "Wolf", Dean, hard to read when the photos don't enlarge. Will see what new photos show.

Thanks for the replies, yes it is indeed Wolf when i receive better pics i will post them immediately

Well here they are already.. hope they are good enough
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 q66 nd   M40 q66 nd  

M40 q66 nd   M40 q66 nd  

M40 q66 nd   M40 q66 nd  

?

Thanks for the new pics. Yeah, this definetly says 'Wolf'. It seems it was scratched in originally, then the liner was removed to repaint the shell, that's why the paint covers the name and after it was repainted, someone penciled the name over the paint a little bit. The split pin shown looks to have been bent in more than one place.This is all my opinion , of course . I have a lid that I got several years ago that has similar issues.

I'm with Dean on this one.

Thanks!