Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?

Article about: Hi, I am upping my collection from medals to helmets. This is my first helmet so I know very little. I've researched these two decal patterns and they appear to be both early patterned Polic

Default M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?

Hi,

I am upping my collection from medals to helmets. This is my first helmet so I know very little. I've researched these two decal patterns and they appear to be both early patterned Police decals. The only thing that sticks out at me is the shape of the eagle's head, specifically its beak. Looks like some lacquer or resin was put on the decals at some point as well. The liner looks almost unused and in very good condition, another potential concern.

My basic research and gut feeling is that this is real, at least the shell and decals.

Can I get some opinions on this potential purchase? Am I dealing with an original here?

Thanks very much!
    CCCH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?   M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?  

M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?
    P
    Many

You need to post straight on close up shots (in the macro mode on your camera) of the decals and closer shots of the liner (I would like to see the stitching). I haven't seen an unbordered Double decal Q Police, most if not all that I have seen are ET's. Jim G.

The more I look at the pictures it looks as if the areas where the decals are located have been cleaned (in the pictures the areas look shiny). That is, to me anyway, a red flag. Jim G.

Hi, I must admit that I am "sitting on the fence" a little with this one. I agree with Jim that there appears to be cleaning on and around the Adler decal's area. That for me brings up the potential worry that there was once a single decal HEER M40 that has been over decaled with this Police one. As you would expect on an M40, the other side shows no sign of cleaning for the placement of the Party decal as an HEER M40 in 99.9% of cases would not have had a tri-colour decal. As Jim says, some really good straight on close up images of the decals are a must, but I have my concerns just from these pictures. Leon.

I'm not feeling this one. Here are the decals on my M40 Quist.

M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?

thank you for your responses so far! I will try to get the seller to send pictures like you mentioned. Wow, I am very thankful I posted this here.

Doesn't look good. The decals look like stickers and as already said are not correct for a Q shell.

I've got more photos of the helmet and decal from the seller. Click to enlarge. Let me know what you think.

Thank you all very much for your help on this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?   M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?  

M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?   M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?  

The close up photo of the party decal makes me think twice about my gut feeling. The upper right hand corner has what looks to be symmetrical square stepping between the white and red. This is also apparent around the while circle and the red.

Furthermore, decals look like they have brush strokes over them.

I think I'll run from this helmet.

Probably a good idea. Oddly enough the liner looks authentic. Quist police helmets can be found rather easily if you're looking for one. They come up quite a bit. How much was he asking for this helmet?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast