Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?

Article about: Hi, I am upping my collection from medals to helmets. This is my first helmet so I know very little. I've researched these two decal patterns and they appear to be both early patterned Polic

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Probably a good idea. Oddly enough the liner looks authentic. Quist police helmets can be found rather easily if you're looking for one. They come up quite a bit. How much was he asking for this helmet?
    He is asking 900$ Canadian, so Like 750$ USD. I am not really set on the police helmets. They are relatively cheap DD helmets compared to SS or Heer helmets and have the same appeal to me personally.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Q68 Police DD Helmet - A good first purchase?
    P
    Many

[QUOTE=coldcashandcolderhearts;1431022]The close up photo of the party decal makes me think twice about my gut feeling. The upper right hand corner has what looks to be symmetrical square stepping between the white and red. This is also apparent around the while circle and the red.

Furthermore, decals look like they have brush strokes over them.

Hi, I think you have nailed it, the Party decal certainly looks to have "saw tooth" printing to it which is a modern print set. I would leave this well alone as well. Leon.

Hi. Rear stamped Q68. And DN ??? stamped ! So would say this was born as a late war no decal Quist ! SF

Not a good one this helmet hence the cheap price.

Yup, DD Polices can go for $1500-$2000 any day of the week, $750 is too cheap (as much as I hate to say it)

Thank you all for your responses. I offered to buy the helmet as a shell and liner only. No word yet, I hope this helmet doesn't fool another buyer. I think I will become a club member now and show my support for this awesome forum.

Pink looks good on you!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Pink looks good on you!
    It is a small price to pay to have exposure to such a large knowledge bank. I need to pick up some ID books now me thinks.

If helmets are your thing you should look into this reference source, considered by many as essential reading in the area of German helmets.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    If helmets are your thing you should look into this reference source, considered by many as essential reading in the area of German helmets.

YES! I was just going to search the forum for popular/the best reference books but you saved me the trouble. Thank you very much!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast