Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 RAD helmet good or bad

Article about: I am looking at this helmet and would like to make sure it is real. The helmet is a M40 with heer decal under the RAD decal. SE64 serial 13746. I know the RAD helmets are hard to find and ar

Default M40 RAD helmet good or bad

I am looking at this helmet and would like to make sure it is real.
    The helmet is a M40 with heer decal under the RAD decal.
    SE64 serial 13746.
    I know the RAD helmets are hard to find and are fake alot.So this given me a bad felling about it so better make sure.
    If it is real what would a good price be.
    Chris

ATTACH=CONFIG]289764[/ATTACH]M40 RAD helmet good or badM40 RAD helmet good or bad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 RAD helmet good or bad  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 RAD helmet good or bad
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M40 RAD helmet good or bad

I reckon this is a bit hard to call Chris, there appears to be damage only to the decal and not surrounding metal of the helmet which could mean one of two things, its been deliberately scratched out to reveal the underlying decal or also done to give the impression that both are real decals but are in fact possibly fake and an attempt to fool, whats you gut feeling, have you seen this up close

I have not seen it up close.
    I have the same red flag that you have.
    But I also have zero experience with RAD decals.
    Having a decal under the RAD decal would be correct ,but that can be fake.

chris

Or was it deliberately "de-nazified" by some idiot with a piece of sand paper? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

From what I see, I think it is good. I would like to see what Frank, Anders, and Doug say, but I like the graphics and composition of the RAD decal, and I like what I see of the Heer decal underneath. It is not unlike one of mine. Again, I think it is right. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 RAD helmet good or bad   M40 RAD helmet good or bad  

Thank you Jim.
    Nice helmet,I look at it last night on Wahalla but could not tell if the one I had posted was good.
    Let see what the other guys have to say.
    Chris

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Or was it deliberately "de-nazified" by some idiot with a piece of sand paper? William
    Not too sure about that. There seems to be no scratch marks outside the decal. The de-nazifier could of course have been delicate.

Who's selling this Chris ? I don't like what I see from the RAD decal. Namely the swastika in this example is not black , but only has a black outline. The decal looks flat too and the print lines too sharp. We don't have much to go on because it's so damaged but personally I'd pass.

?

Scary one as is so damaged and scrubbed. It could be to hide flaws. Print charachteristichs leave me nervous. I'd want an in hand, with magnifier. (ADM)

Thank you guys for all your help.
    chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast