Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 sand camo

Article about: I've goth two helmets from prity reliable source. First M40 camo is presented here, another in the next threed... It's the first time I am holding sand camo helmet in my hand, therefore I ca

Default M40 sand camo

I've goth two helmets from prity reliable source. First M40 camo is presented here, another in the next threed...
    It's the first time I am holding sand camo helmet in my hand, therefore I can not tell abouth the originality...An experts will know more. Thanks for comments...
    M40 sand camoM40 sand camoM40 sand camoM40 sand camoM40 sand camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 sand camo
    P
    Many

All looks good to me ..... some rodent damage perhaps?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, personally I am not sure about the sand cammo on this one. When you compare the original paint underneath it, there is no comparison to the paint on the inside of the helmet(outside green/brown inside Luftwaffe blue?). Maybe it's just the lighting, but I am not convinced yet. Leon.

I am with Leon, I would like to see better pictures. I am hoping for the best.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

the paint outside and inside is dark green or green/brown... it's the same in and out. Yes, there is look a beat on blue inside, coused by lighting, but it's the same for shore.
    Better pics will follows on the daylight...

That brown colour on the outside on the top is what left of the rust. Thae brown ten is more visible becouse I left it mostly as it was found. On the edges is visible dark green paint under the sand, same paint as inside. Jan

I need better pictures something does not seem right.
    chris

?

I cant give conformation on its authenticity although I have hear stories of soldiers overpainting their helmets to prevent sun glare.
    Something that just came in mind when i saw the photos.

William

?

The inside appears to be greenish from the photos which throws me off. As soon as I get somthing Ill get back to you. The liner has no visible size markings from the photos. But what I can tell you is from the photos I could pick up "Q64", indicating manufacture by F.W. Quist, G.m.b.H. of Esslingen, size 64.
    Hope that helps.
    William

Hi,
    Here are some photos of the cleaned helmet. Paint outside is green as inside, but outside a little beat darker, what is I think due of the wetter impact (sun, snow, rain...). Othervise the same paint allover. The mark on the liner was probbaly on the misssing flaps..., the chinstrap is 44 original no doubt...
    M40 sand camoM40 sand camoM40 sand camoM40 sand camoM40 sand camo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast