Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M40 sd

Article about: Hallo gents, I just bought this m40 SD at a fair price I think :-) It is overprinted black for use in the resistance, but underneath the original green is visible and the decal too ! I would

Default M40 sd

Hallo gents,

I just bought this m40 SD at a fair price I think :-)
    It is overprinted black for use in the resistance, but underneath the original green is visible and the decal too !
    I would like to strip it from the black paint !!
    Could anyone give an idea, as what method is the best to use ? I definitely want to preserve the green paint and decal :-)

Yours sincerely
    Marc

M40 sd

M40 sd

M40 sd

M40 sd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 sd
    P
    Many

?

Czech civil defense used german-helmets overpainted in black after the war, one of those maybe?

Looks like an interesting helmet, if you think it was painted by the resistance, are you sure you want to strip it? If it is post war paint I would certainly remove the black paint.

If you do, I would think nail varnish remover slowly applied with cotton buds would do it, but perhaps someone else knows a better method?

Douglas

Hi

My advice, i would leave the black paint on. Too many mistakes have been done in the past, original paint and decals ruined while trying to remove a layer of paint.

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Czech civil defense used german-helmets overpainted in black after the war, one of those maybe?
    Could be, not sure about the history of the helmet, just the sellers words :-)
    Mfg
    Marc

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Looks like an interesting helmet, if you think it was painted by the resistance, are you sure you want to strip it? If it is post war paint I would certainly remove the black paint.

If you do, I would think nail varnish remover slowly applied with cotton buds would do it, but perhaps someone else knows a better method?

Douglas
    I'm not sure about the paint, but I bought it with removal of the black paint in mind :-)
    And thanks for the advice !
    Mfg
    Marc

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi

My advice, i would leave the black paint on. Too many mistakes have been done in the past, original paint and decals ruined while trying to remove a layer of paint.
    Hi,
    I may contact a taxidermist I know, who is a professional in cleaning and restoring paintings :-)
    Mfg
    Marc