Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M40 sd

Article about: Hi, this is also a new one. Completely untouched and even with a paper who belonged to the helmet when it was found, no writings though. Lotnr:814 (as I can see), ET64. I see a naming in he

?

Default M40 sd

Hi, this is also a new one. Completely untouched and even with a paper who belonged to the helmet when it was found, no writings though. Lotnr:814 (as I can see), ET64.

I see a naming in he helmet; int he middle I think it says "Fuchs", can someone help me make out the rest? The last one looks like a feldpost-number!

Thanks Al

M40 sdM40 sdM40 sdM40 sdM40 sdM40 sdM40 sdM40 sdM40 sdM40 sd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 sd
    P
    Many

?

I like it, looks like a good honest ex-SD Heer Al
    I reckon you are right about "Fuchs", but it is hard to be 100% sure.
    Don't know about the rest of it being a feldpost number or not though.

Brad.

?

Thanks! Just googled the first four readable digits in the Feldpostnummer database, either "8210" or "8240" and found this at these feldpostnumbers:

"8210"
    (Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 1. Kompanie Brücken-Bau-Bataillon 521,
    (1.8.1943-23.3.1944) 23.9.1943 1. Kompanie Brücken-Pionier-Bataillon 521.

"8240"
    (Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 3. Kompanie Pionier-Bataillon 207.

I also got a search when googled randomly (no feldpostnumber though) for a Gerbigs-Korps Battery named fuchs:

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 5. Gebirgs-Träger-Bataillon 54,
    (28.4.1940-14.9.1940) Batterie Fuchs Gebirgs-Korps-Kolonne Norwegen

It would make sense since the helmet was found in antique-store near the Norwegian border.

Anyone with some more knowledge about this?

Thanks Al

?

One of my pet hates is to see a liner pulled tight inwards, there's a danger that the cord will eventually knife through the leather, I always release the cord slightly to relax the leather and to reduce the likely hood of any damage, but thats just my personal quirk

Looks like a decent overpaint helmet.

?

Thanks! I'll include more photos of the decal, "soldiers/ feldpost number" and the paper that was inside the helmet. Also, yesterday when picking the helmet up a little flower fell out of the helmet and suddenly I got emotional. Well, the flower probably isn't period but I was thinking of the flower like a symbol like the Edelweiss, if a soldier in wartime picked the flower but probably not.

Or I am just getting sentimental?

M40 sdM40 sdM40 sdM40 sdM40 sd