Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 SD Army

Article about: I will answer my own question. When a dealer has been informed with facts to back it up that an article sold or being sold, is postwar, and continues to sell it, that my friends, is a fraud.

?

Default M40 SD Army

I was looking at this helmet. Opinions would be appreciated. In the description it is said that the markings are 866 and D16.
    Can anyone tell me who D16 is? I have never seen or heard of this marking.

M40 SD ArmyM40 SD ArmyM40 SD ArmyM40 SD ArmyM40 SD ArmyM40 SD ArmyM40 SD ArmyM40 SD Army

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD Army
    P
    Many

?

I can't quite make out the maker.
    It is a really nice helmet.

?

I am wondering if the D he mentions is really a Q????

I think you're right. It looks like a Q helmet to me.

?

Think I will have to contact him and get more info. If it wasn't snowing I would just drive down to his shop.

?

Liner leather looks pretty lose, possible replacement.
    Regards,
    John

4md
    ?

possibly an NS66 that 8 looks like a S that would explain the decal which looks like an NS decal, and the D series lot number

?

It is eMedals, careful you don't step in the dogshit over there. You need a decal closeup and more pics of that strap. The loose fitting unworn leather....mmm -- I'd be careful. See what helmet fakes they are selling today at their shop. I'm curious if they refunded all the guys they sold fakes too yet. They never did respond back in that thread....

The most important aspect of the helmet has not been posted , the decal. The helmet is an NS but the decal does not seem to match.
    I wouldn't even buy a medal from E-medals let alone a helmet.

It is eMedals, careful you don't step in the dogshit over there. You need a decal closeup and more pics of that strap. The loose fitting unworn leather....mmm -- I'd be careful. See what helmet fakes they are selling today at their shop. I'm curious if they refunded all the guys they sold fakes too yet. They never did respond back in that thread....
    I wouldn't even buy a medal from E-medals let alone a helmet.
    Close up photos of the decals are needed as said above. And I love how so many threads contain a "Bash a dealer"section these days.
    I have received several item which passed the forums check list.
    It all returns to the know what you are buying principle, every dealer screws up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast