Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M40 sd luft

Article about: Hey guys I wanted to post this M40 Luftwaffe helmet.....I’m currently trying to get all the Branches of the m40’s so with that being said this one seems like a good ET Style decal which

Default M40 sd luft

Hey guys I wanted to post this M40 Luftwaffe helmet.....I’m currently trying to get all the Branches of the m40’s so with that being said this one seems like a good ET Style decal which can be found on Quist Helmets. Stinks the chinstrap is missing and that there is a small amount of damage to the decal but other than that seems like a pretty decent helmet. Oh one thing I did want to ask about on the rear inside skirt what is with the bubbling/wrinkling effect.? I’ve read up a bit of the “alligator effect” if I remember right that’s what someone called it but could this be a example of that?
    Thank you guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 sd luft   M40 sd luft  

M40 sd luft   M40 sd luft  

M40 sd luft  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 sd luft
    P
    Many

I like it WITH the lumps & bumps .....IMO these 'striations' are just impurities in the material brought to the surface when the hardening took place.

We tend to forget these were not showroom helmets, no-one was angling for first prize for fit 'n finish!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Haha Very true Danmark! They probably never even thought these helmets would be worth anything one day either lol.!

MAP
    ?

Great looking helmet

On my cell phone so can't comment on the decal, but assumed you've already got that checked out.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great color On this one and Liner. Lack of chinstrap doesn’t bother me personally. Be cool if it’s there but if not... All good
    Z

A very nice original lid, warts and all.

Good ET decal IMO - some minor damage but it would not be enough to put me off.
    Overall, a nice balanced Luft helmet - i think you should go for it if the price is right.
    nick

Thank you guys for the opinions! Currently trying to get the price down a little but with little luck lol.