Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 sd luft opinions please

Article about: HI LV. The markings on this lid are indented and not raised. Must just be the photos!! Cheers Andy

?

Default Re: M40 sd luft opinions please

HI LV. The markings on this lid are indented and not raised. Must just be the photos!!
    Cheers
    Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 sd luft opinions please
    P
    Many

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Factory stamps are always indented into the metal. Sometimes they appear to be in relief due to the lighting in some photo's.
    Very good Jim

looks like a textbook example of a luft m40 to me

?

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    Just one point maybe someone can clear up for me.untill now i thought factory marks where incised into the metal not raised from the metal if you know what i mean.can someone claryfy please lv
    Hi,

It's an optical illusion, look at it several times then look away and look at it again. I can say for sure that after you've done this several times the letters/numbers will look the way they're supposed to, stamped into the metal, not raised.

Best,

JLaw

?

Quote by JLaw View Post
    Hi,

It's an optical illusion, look at it several times then look away and look at it again. I can say for sure that after you've done this several times the letters/numbers will look the way they're supposed to, stamped into the metal, not raised.

Best,

JLaw
    I can't see that the stamp appears raised. It looks Indented to me every time I look at it. At least I hope it does because it is being delivered to me on Monday

Andy

?

Quote by BLONDI View Post
    I can't see that the stamp appears raised. It looks Indented to me every time I look at it. At least I hope it does because it is being delivered to me on Monday

Andy
    Hi Andy,

I guess I got things all mixed up; I thought I was replying to the post by Las Vegas about how some stampings look raised rather than indented. Sometimes I see them as raised myself, but after looking a few times they appear as they should. Anyway, good luck with the one that's on the way, I'm sure it will be a nice one.

Best regards,

Jerry L.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2