Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 SD Luftwaffe

Article about: by talltom no i think it may have been named postwar by a guy in a shed (possibly) tom I disagree. Anything is possible, but I have 2 or 3 vet buy German helmets that have names/ranks or ini

Default Re: M40 SD Luftwaffe

Quote by talltom View Post
    no i think it may have been named postwar by a guy in a shed (possibly)

tom
    I disagree. Anything is possible, but I have 2 or 3 vet buy German helmets that have names/ranks or initials scratched in the paint that were definitely done buy the German soldier. Overall, this is a very representative complete SD Luft, and I agree with Frank that it is probably an ET. Nice helmet. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

?

Theres every chance that this is a named helmet and one that was period done, as for the lot no/ strike there are much worse examples of a bad strike that have been shown on this forum and it is quite common to see, im with Jim on this one, nice looking lid

Very nice helmet, appears to have been camo'ed at some point.

Hello. Got it today, posting some pics. Turned out to be a nice ex-camo! Also, the chinstrap is original!

Attachment 256211Attachment 256214Attachment 256216Attachment 256215Attachment 256212Attachment 256210Attachment 256217Attachment 256213
    Last edited by Farradin; 10-27-2011 at 03:48 PM.

?

Very nice original helmet, but could you please put the chin strap on the right way, the black should be on the outside, the brown next to the wearers chin. .

?

Afraid so, easy way to tell is the end of the strap should be on the inside next to the ear, the only thing about this one is how supple is the leather, will it be able to be taken apart from the stud and repositioned, if you think its too fragile dont do it and leave it alone

Okey, I see. It's quite stiff at that part. Maybe it's best to leave it. I might break when i try to take it off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast