Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64

Article about: A single decal M-40. I am a luftwaffe collector, and I like it a lot. All the best Stig Erik

?

Default M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new on this forum, and relatively new to collecting considering my obsession with all kinds
    of militaria since I can't remember when. I've got a few lids from different countries, and eras, and hate to add,
    more than a few refurbed German lids, before I realised I was wasting my money.

This is the only WW2 genuine lid in my collection so far, and based on my income, will be a while before I get another.
    It's a SD M40 Luftwaffe, hkp64, batch # 12230.
    Unfortunately it has been cleaned of what I can only guess is a post war black paint job, and from what I can make out, beneath that
    was a grey coat. I am not sure if the grey was a period overpaint or post war coat, and I guess I'll never know
    Decal has suffered a little from the cleaning of the paint sadly too. The 2 front rivets are repros also.
    It used to have a postwar chinstrap on it when I picked it up, but have since removed it.

All comments welcome.

Cheers,

Brad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64   M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64  

M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64   M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64  

M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64   M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64

Looks Kool, i like it a bit of a shame about the bird but still looks great, i'd be more than Happy to say i owned it, and i'm hearing what your saying, i have a very limited budget......I mean No budget... i started of with relic lids and such and started restoring them to get that "good " looking helmet you'd like to have on your shelf but it just isn't the same as an original when all's said and done, i recently just sold my last one and now only have relics but i'll get a nice one one day, and if you get the Lotto numbers PM me LOL

Cheers Phill and Welcome to the Forum, Enjoy!

Not a bad little helmet ya got there. Be happy with what you can afford, and don't dwell too much on what you can't afford. We all have different budgets. Some guys can just afford the tip top lids, others the middle of the road lids, and some can only afford damaged, relic or pieced together lids. This is a nice lid you have here. Save up a little at a time and you will be buying top notch lids before you know it

This is a nice one. I think you're right on with the description, the grey is definitely period. I think this helmet is an M35 reissue as opposed to M40.

Regards,
    Corey

Nice lid mate, nothing to be ashamed of here , I would disagree with my colleague Corey above me though; I'm sure it's an M40, hkp/SE M40's and 42's have very distinctive vents like this, they do look somewhat like an M35 vent.

Not a bad lid at all

?

Thanks for the positve comments Guys,

This is one I will probably never get rid of, simply for the fact it is my first TR lid.

Corey, it is definately an M40. Kradspam is right in the money when he talks about hkp/SE air vents
    You can usually spot one out of a line up of M40's of other makers from a fair distance, due to the distinctive looking vents.

Phil, I'll let you know about the lotto numbers, although it most likely won't be a secret if I start posting Minty double decal M35's
    or SS lids

Cheers,

Brad.

Nice M40, I like this worn look. As the others said its a pity about the bird but I don't think it detracts from the lid itself. I wish I had the budget to afford the hgh end stuff by I don't. Just save some money up for the next big one and it makes them all the more special

Its an M40 alright, lie those Hkp lids and air vents!

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Thanks for the positve comments Guys,

This is one I will probably never get rid of, simply for the fact it is my first TR lid.

Corey, it is definately an M40. Kradspam is right in the money when he talks about hkp/SE air vents
    You can usually spot one out of a line up of M40's of other makers from a fair distance, due to the distinctive looking vents.

Phil, I'll let you know about the lotto numbers, although it most likely won't be a secret if I start posting Minty double decal M35's
    or SS lids

Cheers,

Brad.
    Lets hope we both win and score a nice Lid!

It would be a keeper for me too, I've never owned a Lufty + and idiot me never knew hkp (even though I have reference) was FE!!

4md
    ?

Nice luft Brad, .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast