Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?

Article about: Here is a beauty that I recently purchased, it is a single decal M40 Heer helmet with DAK heavy sand camo! You can see by the pictures that the camo was hand applied and it has the pinkish h

MAP
    ?

I like what I see. The rust, even if newer doesn't really bother me as the rest all appears to add up. As noted, could be poor recent storage.

Congrats Grit! But one note. I would not conclusively call this a DAK. It could just as easily be a Tan Camo used in many other theaters during the war (aka "Sudfront" camo). But that doesn't take anything away from the helmet. It looks great.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?
    P
    Many

Wink

Quote by MAP View Post
    Congrats Grit! But one note. I would not conclusively call this a DAK. It could just as easily be a Tan Camo used in many other theaters during the war (aka "Sudfront" camo). But that doesn't take anything away from the helmet. It looks great.
    Don't burst True Grit's bubble!
    Everyone likes to think their Tropic is from Africa...

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Don't burst True Grit's bubble!
    Everyone likes to think their Tropic is from Africa...
    Better to be informed than not

Just giving the options! Didn't say is wasn't a DAK In the end, it is a great tan camo that anyone should be happy to own.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by IHaveTrueGrit View Post
    I highly appreciate all the opinions, you guys are honestly the best. I'm only 22 and have wanted a authentic DAK camo helmet ever since I was about 13. To own one now makes me a happy clam. Thank you all!
    You have done very well young man! I feel that the tan is good, i was just concerned with some of the rust/wear, but as said, a lot of time has kicked all our lids in the butt, so there are always "non period" issues to look at! Here is my " sud front " to compare with, it's a Quist Luft, most likely from southern Italy as it has tan and green. ( oh and a picture of me wearing it!!!)Leon.M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?M40 SD Quist DAK Camo, just purchased, opinions?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Agree with Realsteel about the possibility of a decal under the paint, but it would be a brave soul to reveal it.
    Only ill informed stupid people would still attempt this. It destroys the helmet and the value will sink down with it.

I love the sand textured finish on this lid, very nice indeed.
    Leon, you look very butch wearing that lid. (Great camo as you know).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2