Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Snow Camo

Article about: In thinking of this helmet was as worn as it is made out to be, the ink stamped 56 on the liner is really really dark and clear. I dont see any wear on the ink stamp. It's a small observatio

Default M40 Snow Camo

Hey guys, I have just acquired this helmet through a trade. It is an M40 Snow Camo NS64 with a batch number D100 and a size 56 liner. The chinstrap is dated 1940. There is another thread about this helmet from last year, but the pictures are poor and nobody seems to reply to old threads, so I am starting another, I hope the moderators won't mind. I've noticed that a few members were skeptical of the paint, liner, and decal. Of course I have to be sure before I will decide to keep it. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Regards, Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Snow Camo   M40 Snow Camo  

M40 Snow Camo   M40 Snow Camo  

Last edited by Sir Payne; 05-25-2012 at 12:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Snow Camo
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Snow Camo

The shell is pushing all the right buttons for me - just a little worried over the liner. The wear seems unnatural - not enough edge rubbing or "pulling" of the leather tongues - you know, the holes go oval & the stretching is usually more noticeable. ...could be a chemical ageing???

Dan

?

I really can't see anything that ould suggest snow camo.... I ould hav thought there would hav been a lot of remaining white wash around the rivets.....this lid looks like it has been stripped with something

Thanks for the help so far guys, I really appreciate it. Is this a really messed with helmet meant to deceive?

Regards, Corey

?

I believe it is.
    There is no reason a decal woul be applied over the camo paint and I also have reservations about the liner.

?

I am far from a helmet expert, and shall leave the authenticity of the piece to those who are much more learned in this area, however, when I observed the eyelets in the liner, I noticed that they appear to have been pushed in by something, i.e. a pencil or screwdriver for example, in an attempt to age the hole. As Dan says above, they are also rather circular in appearance, and show no signs of being distorted in the direction that one would expect. Not to mention that the rim of the liner certainly doesn't match the wear of the shell.

Regards,

Carl

?

Very good observations Carl, especially on the liner eyelets.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Very good observations Carl, especially on the liner eyelets.

Regards, Lars
    Thank you Lars, perhaps my Guatemalan coffee is doing its job!

Regards,

Carl

Well I am too scared to keep so controversial a helmet; therefore, I will return it. Thanks for pointing out some of these things guys, if anybody else has anything they would like to add please feel free to share your opinions.

Regards, Corey

?

Hello Corey,

I actually did not wanted to comment on this helmet, because most issues have been covered, But... When i looked at pic #2 from the top "something" got my attention concerning the rivet. Just looks odd. Held up against what the other guys have said about the liner, something tells me i was right, and the eyelets definitely looks like they have been pierced. Wear and line does not add up. All this have been said of course.

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast