MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

M40 Stripe Camo Helmet

Article about: Hey guys, this helmet come up on the other forum, it has not gained alot of discussion yet. Just seeing what opinions may be here. Fairly unique camo pattern, however Im not sure what to thi

Thanks again guys for the comments and no hard feelings taken. I was looking for an open discussion about the helmet as I am planning to sell the piece, and dont want to be dishonest towards a potential buyer.

Regarding the concern with rust around the brim of the helmet, it is perfectly normal and reassuring in my eyes to see wear and tear here. At least in my history of helmets, the brim of a helmet is the one place a used helmet almost always will have wear. With this being said the absence of paint I believe is normal, and rust/bare metal showing is just due to its aging process.

As for the rest of the helmet I fully understand the oddity of the camo and see all the concerns you all bring up. I agree with M38 and believe a lot of the natural patina we often look for was lost in its cleaning process and is something that cant be added back to the helmet unfortunately. With that being said, I had not planned on selling the helmet as an untouched original, but as what is I believe it to be, an original M40 Heer, with unique camo that has been cleaned and decal dug out. The price would follow accordingly.

As for moving forward, do you all suggest this go back on my shelf, or wait for more opinions on the camo?

Thanks again,
    William

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Stripe Camo Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi William.

Was an interesting helmet to discuss. Your assessment of the helmet at this point seems to agree with most. List it for sale with the description attached.

Good Luck with it...hope to hear from you again

David

MAP
    ?

Engaging discussion. Wish I could hold the helmet in hand

Stick around the forum! Pleasure to have members like yourself.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for all the help and the comments. Greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks all for the kind words and contribution. It was a pleasure being able to discuss it here, and definitely a forum I want to stay engaged in!

Thanks again,
    William

Hi William, welcome to the forum, a very interesting first thread! I have only just seen this thread so sorry for my late reply. I'm on holiday with the wife and kids!! Anyway, back to the helmet! My thoughts for what they are worth is that it is a good original HEER cammo that has sadly been "scrubbed" to death, not only removing all the patina to it's surface, but also "thinning out" the cammo layer of paint so heavily that it appears to have made it fade. The paint area around the pins all looks good to me and the liner has not been removed from what I can see. I see no problems in selling this one with the caveats in place that you propose, nice to see an honest seller.
    All the best with it going forward. Leon.

Thanks Leon for the contribution, Its been a crazy start here! Very happy to see the helmet being discussed too, its been refreshing to hear so many opinions.

William

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5