Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 on the way in

Article about: Just bought this M40 Luft. It appears to be unissued. It must have has another helmet stacked on it. The drawstring seems to be an original, but not sure if it is original to liner. Paid \\$55

Default Re: M40 on the way in

I am ok if I paid a little more than I should. As long as I didn't get completely ripped off!

I don't have the helmet yet. It is being shipped. From what I understand the liner is tight and appears to be original to the helmet. I thiNkyhe condition of the top is from another helmet being stacked on it. I also understand it was stored in a barn.

I have looked at a lot of helmets in this price range. They either have slightly better decals and messed up liners or decent liners and really bad decals. This one seemed to strike a good balance.

Another option in this range was a ND helmet. But I like the fact this one has a fairly recognizable decal, even if the wings are shot.

Honestly, my only worry was the rust.. But it appears to be just slight surface rust.
    Last edited by gibsonbluemoon; 03-19-2012 at 03:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 on the way in
    P
    Many

Quote by gibsonbluemoon View Post
    I am ok if I paid a little more than I should. As long as I didn't get completely ripped off!

I don't have the helmet yet. It is being shipped. From what I understand the liner is tight and appears to be original. I thiNk The condition of the top is from another helmet being stacked on it. I also understand it was stored in a barn.

I have looked at a lot of helmets in this price range. They either have slightly better decals and messed up liners or decent liners and really bad decals. This one seemed to strike a good balance.

Another option in this range was a ND helmet. But I like the fact this one has a fairly recognizable decal, even if the wings are shot.

Honestly, my only worry was the rust.. But it appears to be just slight surface rust.
    As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters!

Rust shouldn't be a problem. Just keep it in a dry, stable environment and it won't get any worse.

I don't know if it was unissued. It looks like it was just a bit worn to me. The helmet is a good one, however I have concerns about the seller. I could be wrong, but these pictures remind me of the ones that Pawel Nowak used to send around. If that is the guy you bought it from, you will want to avoid him in the future.

?

That looks good. Congrats

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I don't know if it was unissued. It looks like it was just a bit worn to me. The helmet is a good one, however I have concerns about the seller. I could be wrong, but these pictures remind me of the ones that Pawel Nowak used to send around. If that is the guy you bought it from, you will want to avoid him in the future.
    It wasn't him. I bought it from a guy from WAF that has been a member for 11 years. He bought it in a barn sale in Vermont. I think the seller is honest.

Got the helmet. Much better in person. Very happy.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Quote by gibsonbluemoon View Post
    It wasn't him. I bought it from a guy from WAF that has been a member for 11 years. He bought it in a barn sale in Vermont. I think the seller is honest.
    Very glad to hear, congrats on a fine helmet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2