Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M40 winter camo

Article about: Hi guys! I really like the winter camo helmets, but for me it's difficult to seen when the camo paint is fake or not, sometimes it's too easy, but others need your help, what do you think ab

Default M40 winter camo

Hi guys!

I really like the winter camo helmets, but for me it's difficult to seen when the camo paint is fake or not, sometimes it's too easy, but others need your help, what do you think about this one?

Thanks!!

M40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camoM40 winter camo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 winter camo
    P
    Many

I would say this one has a chance.

?

This one has some very strange wear in strange places but not the wear I would expect to see on a "worn" helmet such as this on the dome and edges. Myself, I would avoid this one. Winter camos are best approached with utmost caution. Anything smells even a bit of a hint of unusual I recommend to bail out. This IMO is a bail-out helmet.

I would have agreed with kradspam that this stood a chance but when the big man speaks, its worth listening. Doug has seem innumerable helmets and I for one value ( and heed ) his opinion.

It could just be whitewash or a low grade paint that is forming those odd patterns but unless this is cheap best leave it be.....

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you very much to all! as always very helpful opinions.

I'm going to follow the Doug advice and let it go, the price is not too much high, but it's not a "bargain", so better save money. Thanks!

Hi ,that even horizontal wear that encircles the entire helmet looks completely false and contrived to me, I cannot think of any situation where that look would "naturally" occur. Looks a classic "wire wooled" messed with fake cammo to me. Leon.

I did think it looked scrubbed/cleaned, but was leaning toward it being a legit whitewash. I suppose it is indeed best to be cautious though.

Quote by DougB View Post
    This one has some very strange wear in strange places but not the wear I would expect to see on a "worn" helmet such as this on the dome and edges. Myself, I would avoid this one. Winter camos are best approached with utmost caution. Anything smells even a bit of a hint of unusual I recommend to bail out. This IMO is a bail-out helmet.
    Doug,

What are the red flags with camo helmets when it comes to strange wear in strange places? I have often read this on camo helmet threads but with no specifics. I know down here in Australia there aren't a lot of good camo helmets around to get your hands on and investigate and compare to others.
    We all know Camo helmets are a minefield and need to be approached with caution. That's the great thing about forums such as this one and GHW. You learn a heap and in the process save heaps of $$$$. Newer collectors such as me really do appreciate yours and others time, and sharing your knowledge.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Hi Steve,

The wear is divided into quarters on the helmet and looks suspiciously similar, combined with the deep wear on the front or forehead area, a strange place for paint wear like that unless the soldier was manic depressive and kept pounding his forehead against his rifle butt.

Like I said I'd expect to see some dome wear and far more edge wear.

Doug

Thanks for the reply Doug. I see what you mean.

Steve