Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40SD vet capture helmet

Article about: Hey gang! Well...it's been a long time since I acquired a new helmet but this M40 SD arrived just yesterday! I really love the look of this one...my first heer M40 single decal and my first

Default M40SD vet capture helmet

Hey gang! Well...it's been a long time since I acquired a new helmet but this
    M40 SD arrived just yesterday! I really love the look of this one...my first heer
    M40 single decal and my first SE lid as well!

Complete and came with a card mentioning that this helmet was in fact captured in Wahlerscheid Germany...I did some digging and the 2inf. 9th regiment was there in Mid December, hitting the Siegfried line before "hunkering down" for the battle of the Bulge....On the other side of the card is the name of the vet....now I'm off to try and see if I can get any info on him...

Here are some pics guys! Hope you like it as much as I do!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40SD vet capture helmet   M40SD vet capture helmet  

M40SD vet capture helmet   M40SD vet capture helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40SD vet capture helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40SD vet capture helmet

More pics....I think the helmet was re-issued as you can see there are two names in the liner....one is scratched off.....looks like something ....ath
    If anyone can make it out - I'd love your take on it!
    The other name is clear: Hans M.

Hope you guys like it! This is number 17 for me....but it won't be my last!
    Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40SD vet capture helmet   M40SD vet capture helmet  

M40SD vet capture helmet   M40SD vet capture helmet  

Another reason I'm quite happy is that now I have an M40 for every branch: I have one M40 ET62 Luft, an M40 ET64 KM, and now this SE64 Heer!

Sorry about pics being dark....should take them outside...but just too much snow!

Cheers!

Rob

Very impressive Rob, nice lids
    Ben

Thanks Ben! Glad you like it....It's been a while since I added to my collection. This is a welcome addition!
    Cheers!

Rob

?

Hello Rob, Nice seen battles helmet. I prefer the salty ones instead of glossy, factory mint examples D)

Hello Dimas! Glad you like it! You and I are both the same as I too prefer the "been there, seen it" helmets to the ones that spent the war in a storage depot!

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Welcome my friend! What a Nice addition! I'm heading to Germany in a month and hope to find a goody or two like that. Probably not likely seeing most are over here in North America. LOL!

Regards,

Joel

Hello Joel! Nice to see you here as well! Thanks for the thumbs up! I got lucky with this one. Great price and I certainly beat the line up that queued behind me after I was first in!
    Happy hunting in Germany....Let us know how you make out!

Cheers!
    Rob

lucky men ! je suis jaloux de ta collection ! tu m avais pas dit que tu faisais dans les casques!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast