Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40SD vet capture helmet

Article about: Hey gang! Well...it's been a long time since I acquired a new helmet but this M40 SD arrived just yesterday! I really love the look of this one...my first heer M40 single decal and my first

Default Re: M40SD vet capture helmet

Hey! I also "do" helmets....but not as often as armbands and buckles given their prices!
    Cheers! Les casques sont pas mal chers!!

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40SD vet capture helmet
    P
    Many

Thumbs up Re: M40SD vet capture helmet

Well it is good to see my old helmet again.I got this from a guy in flora,Illinois.He had a antique shop and a few nazi things in it.He honestly did not know good from bad in our hobby.He knows his american 1800 hundred antiques very well.I saw the helmet with the card and he did not want to sell it.He is saving it for his boy who collects German helmets.My wife was wanting to buy some from him for two hundred dollars,and he wanted the sale.I told him sell me the helmet OR we are not buying nothing here.He said OK write one check for all of it.I asked where did you get it ? he said a walk -in who wanted to sell it.It is a great helmet.

That is awesome! Great to hear where the helmet came from. I tried looking up the vet but had no luck. Did get some info on Wahlerscheid...the work is ongoing! You can be rest assured that the helmet is in a well established collection where it is displayed with great care and appreciated for what it is!
    I agree Jim - it is a great helmet!

Cheers!
    Rob

Angry Re: M40SD vet capture helmet

Wahlscheid,I looked it up also.It was a small rail road junction area in Germany that was the big tough battle before the battle of the budge.The Germans were so intrenched and waiting on the american forces.It is over shadowed by The battle of the budge it is never heard of.

I agree....the Americans took a lot of casualties at Wahlerscheid! It was a small group of GI's that first made their way past the German positions and that was the beginning of the end for the Germans!
    Cheers!

Rob

Very nice helmet Rob !! nice to see some battle worn lids ,I to like them salty the way they should be. Well done !!

?

very nice lid, and nice to see some histoory with it, number 17 jeez you must have a fortune sat there helmets aint cheap, rgds dave

Thanks guys! Glad you like the helmet! I have to agree - helmets aren't cheap! I did most of my buying years ago...at this point, it's nice to get one helmet a year.
    Cheers boys!

Rob

Skip Pickett
    ?

That is a nice honest helmet. Good catch.

Skip

Thanks Skip! Glad you like it buddy!

Rob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast