Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M42 beaded Luftsxhutz police helmet

Article about: What I have I believe to be a M42 Luftschutz beaded police helmet. Has late war rivets, clear plastic chin strap and late war cloth liner. Paint looks green and thin which is common during l

Default M42 beaded Luftsxhutz police helmet

What I have I believe to be a M42 Luftschutz beaded police helmet. Has late war rivets, clear plastic chin strap and late war cloth liner. Paint looks green and thin which is common during late war production. I purchased this helmet 15 years ago for $250. This is the first time I have done research on the helmet. I don't know the rarity of the helmet or its value. If anyone could shed some light I would appreciate it. I have been offered $300 but I feel that is to cheap. Thanks for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 beaded Luftsxhutz police helmet   M42 beaded Luftsxhutz police helmet  

M42 beaded Luftsxhutz police helmet   M42 beaded Luftsxhutz police helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 beaded Luftsxhutz police helmet
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum Willy, that is a beaded Police M35 helmet and not an M42 Luftschutz lid, it also has had the civil type liner fitted. The exterior and decals look original to me, but it has been "varnished" which is something many collectors do not like these days. It was done in the past by collectors to "protect" the helmet, but is a practice now avoided. I hope that helps. Leon.

Thank you, that helps me tremendously. Being that the helmets is tarnished. Any idea what a good asking price would be if I was to ever sell it? Thanks again

Hi, I guess it would be around the £300 mark over here in the UK, but I suspect that the liner may have been out judging by the missing liner pin and the varnish being throughout the interior as well. That may well effect it's desirability when trying to sell.
    All the best, Leon.

Ok great, thank you again for your help.