Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Camo

Article about: I do not think this is a camo helmet,I think the helmet has been repainted (period repaint)

Default Re: M42 Camo

I do not think this is a camo helmet,I think the helmet has been repainted (period repaint)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Camo
    P
    Many

i am always leery of camo's unless they come from a vet with provenance...

Quote by militarymania View Post
    i am always leery of camo's unless they come from a vet with provenance...
    With camo helmets you have to be very careful,there is so many fakes and yes the best way is to get it from the vet.

Well, my dad bought it. I'll take better pics when it gets here.
    He also bought this one...

I'm afraid he's caught the collecting bug. Thanks to me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Camo   M42 Camo  

M42 Camo  

I personally think the photo's are no way good enough to make a reasonable evaluation.On any other Stahlhem forum you would be asked for better, clearer more detailed photo's and a lot number and makers mark before anyone would give the thumbs up. This forum is a little slack on that regard to say the least, and as for camo helmets with fully visible decals being quite 'common', I must have just missed them all..A lot of M42's left the factories with no decals at all.
    Last edited by Isle of Wighter; 07-22-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    I personally think the photo's are no way good enough to make a reasonable evaluation................ and as for camo helmets with fully visible decals being quite common, I must have just missed them all.
    Hello,
    I fully agree on the first comment.
    Apparently, yes you've missed them all. Personally i wouldn't use the word "common".....please, gentlemen, don't forget that many decals have been dug up long after the war.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I do not think this is a camo helmet,I think the helmet has been repainted (period repaint)
    I think you are right about it not being a camo, not sure its a period repaint though. As Jerry said, the paint does look a little fresh, but the proof of this pudding will be in the decal and I'm not confident enough to be bandying my thoughts on that around.

When I get the helmet I'll try to get a close photo of the decal and well go from there...

At first glance the decal does have ET style characteristics.

the more i look at it ,,the more i am unconvinced that this is a war time camo job,,,looks too fresh to me,,,hope i am wrong,,,,i like the bullet-holed one,,,i like to collect battle damaged helmets,,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast