Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M42 Camo

Article about: I do not think this is a camo helmet,I think the helmet has been repainted (period repaint)

Default Re: M42 Camo

Quote by militarymania View Post
    the more i look at it ,,the more i am unconvinced that this is a war time camo job,,,looks too fresh to me,,,hope i am wrong,,,,i like the bullet-holed one,,,i like to collect battle damaged helmets,,
    Many of thoses helmets with the bullet holed were done post war by hunters and farmers.But I do like the style.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Camo
    P
    Many

Eagle is a good "ET" style but IMHO has been slightly dug out . No problem with this kind of camo on period helmets but , as said before , much better pics could help to determine the authenticity

Here are some better pics.

This helmet must have been painted white at one time because there are spots where whoever painted it driped paint inside.

The chinstrap has a number that looks like RBNr then numbers that I can't make out.

It also has the name "Reichelt" in the liner and I would appreciate it if someone could try to look him up.

If you need better photo's let me know and I will try my best to get them.

I really feel good about this one, it has that nice old feel to it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Camo   M42 Camo  

M42 Camo   M42 Camo  

M42 Camo   M42 Camo  

M42 Camo   M42 Camo  

M42 Camo   M42 Camo  

nice helmet,,,maybe it was whitewashed long ago,,the white spot on the liner may come out with a wet rag,,,you would almost need to contact the Berlin Document Center to see if there is a soldier with that name,,,many documents were destroyed in the allied bombings,but i know of a professional researcher that you may want to consider,,,good luck,,,

Your collection must be really getting big.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Your collection must be really getting big.
    Yes it's been growing quite fast since my dad started collecting since he has more money than me.

I told him I was jealous that his collection was growing so fast and he said "it's not my collection, it's our collection"

I'm not going to argue about that

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    Yes it's been growing quite fast since my dad started collecting since he has more money than me.

I told him I was jealous that his collection was growing so fast and he said "it's not my collection, it's our collection"

I'm not going to argue about that
    That is a good Dad.Lucky having two person in the same house collecting.

?

Just reading this thread as I am usually on the other forum. IMO, the green "camo" paint is post war. The decal looks to have been scrubbed/cleaned at one time - notice the areas of white in the decal where the black has been scrubbed away. Not natural wear!!! Now there is this green paint on the decal which has been cleaned. Not a helmet that I would consider for my collection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3