M42 camo

M42 camo

M42 camo

M42 camo

M42 camo

M42 camo

M42 camo

M42 camo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 camo   M42 camo  

Last edited by uriah; 12-14-2010 at 10:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 camo
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M42 camo

Strange one. Has what appears to be a decal on the right side but the scratches do not reveal any decal substance at all. Would need better pics. The closeups appear too blurry to really get a good clear close look at the camo. Frank what's your opinion of the strap? I am not thrilled by it.

For now I remain on the fence and retain a healthy skepticism about this being a camo - or SS decal covered camo for that matter.

What are the maker and lot # stamps? It looks like there are supposed to be 2 decals under the paint, a double decal Police maybe? The pictures aren't very good but I think it may have a slight chance. Jim G.

I am on the fence with it too, Doug.

I'm not convinced by it really. Every feature of it has something that is a little off.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    What are the maker and lot # stamps? It looks like there are supposed to be 2 decals under the paint, a double decal Police maybe? The pictures aren't very good but I think it may have a slight chance. Jim G.
    It appears l66 (ckl?), lot number 2863.

Possible repaint IMO.

I was hoping that the lot number would match up with a DD Police helmet run, but it doesn't. The database that I was able to access does not have a listing for this lot number, although the number is in the range of helmets that were decaled for other service branches, so who knows what decals, if any, were applied at the factory for this lot. From the poor pictures, all I can say is that it looks as if there might have been decals on both sides of the helmet before the repaint. Although I think the helmet may have a chance, I don't have any real opinion on when the repaint occurred, so I guess I really haven't been any help at all. Sorry about that. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Although I think the helmet may have a chance, I don't have any real opinion on when the repaint occurred
    I guess one possibility is that it was a not-so-recent repaint. It does appear to have some age to it.

This looks like a job for XRFacts!