MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M42 camo with cover

Article about: Hey guys, let me start off buy saying that I know that the majority of camo's on the market are fakes, but the reason I picked this one up is the seller backs the authenticity of the helmet

Default M42 camo with cover

Hey guys, let me start off buy saying that I know that the majority of camo's on the market are fakes, but the reason I picked this one up is the seller backs the authenticity of the helmet with a money back guarantee, he told me if for any reason I'm unhappy with it or it turns out to be a fake he'll give me my money back, with that being said, is it a keeper? or should I get my money back? opinions on the helmet and cover needed, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 camo with cover   M42 camo with cover  

M42 camo with cover   M42 camo with cover  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 camo with cover
    P
    Many

I am glad you have a money back guarantee. Both are bad I'm afraid, the camo and over.

?

Post first, buy last. Then your not chasing or stressing over refunds.

Hi Bowling, I am afraid that both the "cammo" and the cover are not originals. The M42's "cammo" looks to be recently applied, the wear is just not convincing, in fact ,there is very little wear at all and yet the liner is heavily damaged!! The liner has the appearance of one that was relic found and I guess the helmet was in the same condition before the re-paint! The cover again does not show natural wear patterns and I do not like the stitching or the intentional "scratches" on the rocker clips. I would get your money back at high speed. Leon.

I have to agree with the others, the paint and the cover are both not period originals.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A decal over the camo is a huge red flag.

I don't like either one of them and the boys have pretty well nailed it I have seen only a couple of original Heer Splinter covers and they were of the draw string type not rocker clips like SS. timothy

?

The guys are dead right I'm afraid.
    Hope the seller is good to his word with that "money back guarantee".

Brad.

Thanks guys, in my gut I knew it was fake, it was in a timed auction and I had to act fast, other wise I would have ran it through you guys first, well, I better be off to the post office.

Good luck with getting a refund Bowlin. Its a shame that cover isnt right, it could have been an interesting field made piece.