Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m42 camo extra pics

Article about: Here are some extra pics, hope they show the camo colours through. If you want to see something specific, just let me know. Also the rust on the rim is blackis red in colour, and where the d

Default m42 camo extra pics

Here are some extra pics, hope they show the camo colours through. If you want to see something specific, just let me know. Also the rust on the rim is blackis red in colour, and where the d ring and shell connect it is also a darker stain, almost black like mentioned.

Does anyone know if this is a Luftwafe helmet? If so, this soldier might not have been involved in combat, like some coastal guys. Rust can come from any year, overall I see no dents or divits that have been painted over. This paint was applied directly over the blue/grey finish. I have included a picture of the vent hole which has the original paint, so someone knew that painting over it would clog the vent.

Hope the pics help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m42 camo extra pics   m42 camo extra pics  

m42 camo extra pics   m42 camo extra pics  

m42 camo extra pics   m42 camo extra pics  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m42 camo extra pics
    P
    Many

Default Re: m42 camo extra pics

I also posted an old soviet helmet battlefield relic. This way you can check the rust patterns on an original war time relic. It's kind of interesting and good for reference. Sorry about the picture quality.

?

Thats much better, the true colour is now apparent, looks good, Acekevlar, im sorry but you seem to be under the impression that im a newcomer to period helmets and what they look like re rust, paint and condition, ive been collecting for 45yrs, and had many original period helmets in that time, i find your comments slightly condescending as if i have no clue, you ask for opinions and they are given, had you not taken other photos as suggested i daresay other members would be giving doubtful opinions as to the camo.
    Last edited by davejb; 05-31-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: info,

Sorry about the dark pics. I hope this shows a good representation of the color scheme.

My post wasn't direct directly to you. It was directed towards all members, especially new. Reference material is for all, nothing personal here. I thanked you for the extra pic advice, and done so immediately. You must remember I have no idea who anyone is, or their background. My reference pics could be vital to someone. Plus it is in direct relation to my other post.

This is a forum, and I have to provide what evidence I can. Once again, you have taken this petsonally, that is not my fault or intention. I am actually shocked that you have translated my post as a personal attack. I treat all equally, and do not look down on people. I am truly sorry you took it the wrong way. Other than that I still thank you for your comments.

So can we get back to the helmet? I haven't even asked about the chinstrap

The oxidation halos around the rivets give me concern , the interior color doesn't appear to be the factory color either. I would like to see a better picture of the liner taken from above so that I can see the rear seam of the leather and also to judge the interior color better.
    The chinstrap doesn't look textbook either. A few pictures of the buckle should be sufficient to call it good or fake. I lean toward post war.

Ill get some pics of the buckle up as soon as I can. My first impression was it was added later. Also will take pics of stitching. Obviously there is color discrepencies, lighting in a picture can be wrong, as was proven to me by another member. Thats why i try my best to verbally describe also. I will start work on the pics now, will post soon. As to the rivets, i have seen this pattern on some originals. It was also a concern for me, so I searched for examples. Ill try and find a pic. Thanks for the response.

?

Very nice helmet !

Quote by Acekevlar View Post
    Ill get some pics of the buckle up as soon as I can. My first impression was it was added later. Also will take pics of stitching. Obviously there is color discrepencies, lighting in a picture can be wrong, as was proven to me by another member. Thats why i try my best to verbally describe also. I will start work on the pics now, will post soon. As to the rivets, i have seen this pattern on some originals. It was also a concern for me, so I searched for examples. Ill try and find a pic. Thanks for the response.
    Wear halos around the rivets are indeed of no concern and often seen but these don't look like those. As I said in the other topic the helmet clearly is not a one looker and therefore I hope you didn't invest a lot in it.

A good example of the oxidation halos can be found at german helmets. Com, under rare and unusual. I think they show it on an m40 ss dd, can't remember.

Also at this web site can be found an original picture if a troop at a funeral wearing camo hats. Its black and white, but the one soldier in the foreground on the right is wearing a helmet a very similar camo pattern as mine, at least we have proof that the style is correct to an original war time photo. This however can't help on the color issue.

Take a look at the site, if any of you haven't already, pretty informative.

Thanks. Ace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast