Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M42 Chickwire!

Article about: Hello all, I do not know anything about chicken wire on helmets. Is this chicken wire original to this helmet? Thanks.

?

Default Re: M42 Chickwire!

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, this if definatly a modern addition,there are numerous "scuff & scratch" marks running underneath the wire.If you buy the helmet buy it as a plain single decal heer M42 and carefully remove the wire.It's only use is as a hair net for the wife!! Leon.
    Trouble is guys drool over 'ex' wire helms too Leon lol!

Eric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Chickwire!
    P
    Many

?

I think if you get of the wire, you still have a nice M42 SD heer helmet...

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    The modern wire not withstanding, a glaring red flag to my eyes is the tight fit of the wire to the shell. The whole purpose of the chickenwire net was to enable the wearer to stuff vegetation etc into the wire for camoflage purposes so if the wire is fitted so tight that even a feeler gauge won't slip in, I seriously doubt the wire net is authentic.
    Glenn maybe a .001 gauge might! how many original twine and band helms do we seriously see not many really and if I was a pickup soldier first thing I'd do is remove this 'nasty wire' controversial area always has been.....enjoy helms not the story errr..sorry I mean wire.

I agree with all on wire there are just too many of them in 50 years I have seen only about half a dozen or what I believed to be good ones. timothy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3