Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 collaborator helmet

Article about: what do you guys think about this helmet want to buy it

Default M42 collaborator helmet

what do you guys think about this helmet
    want to buy it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 collaborator helmet   M42 collaborator helmet  

M42 collaborator helmet   M42 collaborator helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 collaborator helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M42 collaborator helmet

Looks like a nice salty M42 that was painted at some point with a backwards swastika

example
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 collaborator helmet  

?

There is a scene in the 1985 Russian Movie "Come and See" that shows a collaborator wearing a German helmet with a large white Swastika painted on it.

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    There is a scene in the 1985 Russian Movie "Come and See" that shows a collaborator wearing a German helmet with a large white Swastika painted on it.
    Hey Aldo
    Hard to authenticate when the swastika was put on the helmet. I had an Feldernhalle helmet out of the woodwork that had a swaz painted on the top once, most probably by kids post war. I have to think that is the deal 99.9% of the time so I don't know how to authenicate it is a collaborators helmet.

Here is a pic of the ultra mega rare FHH helmet along some other FHH/SA items. The helmet was found by a collector of rock and roll memorabilia at a Florida garage sale and sold to me. I have since traded this helmet for 2 very nice and highly collectible KM helmets, one a double decal also out of the woodwork and one a KM SD camo with impeccable provenance.

The swastika didnt really take away from the display value of the helmet and if the helmet didn't sell at the garage sale it was going to the dump!!! the crazy thing is the seller told me that they also said they had a black helmet but it wasnt for sale!!! (Another black double decal SS Allgemeine M35 in the woodwork perchance? We are still working on finding out!)

Doug

A very interesting helmet indeed , one that i would like to have hands on , i like it , cheers Raymond

What do you think about this one looks kinda old to me when i have it i post netter pics it seems to be à camo helmet

?

Quote by michiel kruger View Post
    What do you think about this one looks kinda old to me when i have it i post netter pics it seems to be à camo helmet
    The swaz does look old and appears to be a camo helmet but like Doug said it would be impossible to authenticate and determine when the swastika was applied. It is a great helmet though.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hey Aldo
    Hard to authenticate when the swastika was put on the helmet. I had an Feldernhalle helmet out of the woodwork that had a swaz painted on the top once, most probably by kids post war. I have to think that is the deal 99.9% of the time so I don't know how to authenicate it is a collaborators helmet.

Here is a pic of the ultra mega rare FHH helmet along some other FHH/SA items. The helmet was found by a collector of rock and roll memorabilia at a Florida garage sale and sold to me. I have since traded this helmet for 2 very nice and highly collectible KM helmets, one a double decal also out of the woodwork and one a KM SD camo with impeccable provenance.

The swastika didnt really take away from the display value of the helmet and if the helmet didn't sell at the garage sale it was going to the dump!!! the crazy thing is the seller told me that they also said they had a black helmet but it wasnt for sale!!! (Another black double decal SS Allgemeine M35 in the woodwork perchance? We are still working on finding out!)

Doug
    Doug, thanks for sharing the photo, a rare and beautiful helmet indeed. I've always been fascinated with the SA and Freikorps Helmets. Check out this link from another forum depicting a great collection of obscure helmets. Scroll down to the collection pics.
    Axis History Forum • View topic - Freikorps Helmet: Genuine?
    Thanks, Al

The answer to the question on the first helmet in this post is over on WAF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast