Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 DAK - good or bad?

Article about: Hi, What are your thoughts om this M42 DAK helmet? ....good or bad? Regards Replace

MAP
    ?

Yes, the first part ('in the east of Europe') is the well known story. Would be interesting to see the Ad.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 DAK - good or bad?
    P
    Many

In St Ouen Mme Gérard had hundreds of helmets but not of this kind, I don't know this stock near Paris.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks, for the answers

I see, where this helmet is going - not my way!

The helmet is priced at about 310USD(280Euro).

Regards
    Replace

Good idea
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by MAP View Post
    Would be interesting to see the Ad.
    Hello,
    I'll see if i can put my hand on this magazine. It wont be an easy task as i literally have thousands of them...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    I'll see if i can put my hand on this magazine. It wont be an easy task as i literally have thousands of them...
    Thanks
    Some bedtime reading to find it! LoL..no worries. enjoy the weekend. Absolutely wonderful weather here in NY for a change.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    I don't know this stock near Paris.

Hello,
    This stock has "never been near Paris" as it was found "in the east of Europe"....bla, bla, bla....
    This is what the ad says....Found in the east, all types available (M35, M40 and M42)...
    I dont remember the exact text, but do remember the photo showing one of these helmets....
    In my memory it is very close to the one shown in this thread
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

MAP
    ?

Quote by Replace View Post
    Thanks, for the answers

I see, where this helmet is going - not my way!

The helmet is priced at about 310USD(280Euro).

Regards
    Replace
    Well that pretty much is a warning sign. If an original DAK in that condition you could add another zero to that price.

Hello again,
    For those of you who own the book "Soldats allemands de la Seconde Guerre Mondiale" (German soldiers of WWII) by Jean de Lagarde, have a look at the helmet worn by the Grenadier of the Reichsführer SS....page 52 in my book, but as they published different versions of this book, i'm not sure it's on the same page for the other books...). I wouldn't be surprised if the helmet worn in the book was coming from the same source than the one shown here...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

the SS theory is not even a real theory because it's all based on vague assumptions.
    Fact is that dealers have been selling these as post war since the eighties , they could buy them by the hundreds for peanuts.
    I talked with a dealer about them and if dealers believed them to be real they would not sell them as cheap as they did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast