MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 ef 64

Article about: Hi everyone, firstly i want to say, im not a Helmet guy, so if i have made any mistakes in my description i apologize..I have had this since the late 1970s and never really put much thought

Default M42 ef 64

Hi everyone, firstly i want to say, im not a Helmet guy, so if i have made any mistakes in my description i apologize..I have had this since the late 1970s and never really put much thought into it, but lately ive been thinking about trying to strip it back to the original colour, as the overpaint is probably the worst ive seen lol..It looks as if at some stage someone has had a decal on it (incorrect position) but that would pre date me...One of my questions is, is this a German issue Helmet or would this have been a Finnish contract and does the batch number have any significance...I know DougB is always saying that with SS Helmets the batch number means nothing..Is that the same for Heer?
    M42 ef 64M42 ef 64M42 ef 64M42 ef 64M42 ef 64M42 ef 64M42 ef 64M42 ef 64M42 ef 64M42 ef 64M42 ef 64

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ef 64
    P
    Many

Shell is original, but all the paint, inside and out is postwar.

Standard German contract M42.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Batch numbers are a tool, but not definative. So...in this case I don't think it would help all that much but you could look and see if at least "points" in a general direction.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

M38
    ?

Before you write this one off completely........what is the color of the paint up in the dome inside? At first glance this looks a bit like one of the (formerly so called) Czech reworks but those seldom have used liners or paint on the liner band and chinstrap. It almost looks like this one was wartime painted tan on the inside rim up to the liner band - probably outside as well - and then got a coat of post war paint on top of that outside. Perhaps there is still tan camo paint under the ugly gray paint on the outside.

Cheers,
    Terry

I thought it was a "Czech" one too Terry.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you everyone..I have no idea about Helmets, so im trying to gain as much as i can..here are some internal views
    M42 ef 64M42 ef 64M42 ef 64

I dont think thats a Czech rework as they were painted tan inside and out as far as I recall.

Steve

Maybe test a section of the outside and see what is underneath? NH

Could be a slightly rusty Norwegian post-war reissue that has had yet another layer of paint applied some time later, perhaps to make it more "German ww2" looking? Reenactor or overeager collector? Who knows...
    I don't think liners were always taken out when repainted before reissued either and there's Norwegian reissues out there with liners and straps never having been dyed red, like on this one. All of the paint looks post-war to me, so perhaps it doesn't matter much either way---

Also, as noted before, I don't see the point in relying on lot numbers too much --- it wouldn't tell you much of real substance anyway.

I would have said Norwegian post-war reissue also myself and painted the later green by a Reenactor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast