MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 French Legion Regiment Wehrmacht - Opinions Please

Article about: Thanks, JPhilip: I'm much wiser now. Most of what I knew of the subject came from Christian de la Maziere's book. Interesting guy. There was a documentary called, if I remember, "The So

?

Default M42 French Legion Regiment Wehrmacht - Opinions Please

Hello Gentlemen,
    I've been offered this M42 Helmet along with a expertise from Lothar Hartung, what are members opinions.The certificate, part of which is shown in a picture reads so - "Third Reich Stahlhelmet M42 without chin-strap, French Legion Regiment the Wehrmacht, maker - Sächs Stanz u. Emaillier - Werke. seldom seen helmet today may have a value over 2000 euro". I'm not so sure, everything is so kosher, firstly the helmet, then the expertise, I know Hartung has written handbooks on German edged weapons & belts & buckles, didn't know his range extended to Helmets. But, I'll let the pictures do the speaking. Any opinions and information welcome.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 French Legion Regiment Wehrmacht  - Opinions Please   M42 French Legion Regiment Wehrmacht  - Opinions Please  

M42 French Legion Regiment Wehrmacht  - Opinions Please   M42 French Legion Regiment Wehrmacht  - Opinions Please  

M42 French Legion Regiment Wehrmacht  - Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 French Legion Regiment Wehrmacht  - Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 French Legion Regiment Wehrmacht - Opinions Please

Hi Alex, fake tricolour decal. It is junk....

Cheers, Ade.

?

it looks like it was a black painted czech reissue and some one went to far with paint remover

Pardon my ignorance but I'd never heard of a French Legion in the Wehrmacht...just the Charlemagne Division in the SS.

Can anyone clarify the French Legion angle?

Cheers,

Pat

What a pile of rubbish. So much for expertise...

?

Oh dear, thats one heck of a bad job in attempting to "restore/renovate" and to deceive, some people really are desperate to make money from others

Expertises that are not endorsed by collectors should be avoided. There's no German helmet university to get a degree from.
    The helmet is junk , the expertise is a joke. Goes to show how much his books are worth having... sad really.

Post war used fire brigade lid with a dug out Heer decal and an added French tricolor to add 'value'.

Quote by Patgore View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but I'd never heard of a French Legion in the Wehrmacht...just the Charlemagne Division in the SS.

Can anyone clarify the French Legion angle?

Cheers,

Pat

Hello Pat,
    The main french units were the Légion des Volontaires Français (contre le Bolchevisme) in the Heer, the Sturmbrigade Frankreich, and later the Division Charlemagne in the Waffen SS. There were also frenchmen serving in the Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe, NSKK, OT and many other organisations...
    By the way, the helmet is crap...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

As the others have said its bad. Its defiantly a black post war jobby with a liberated decal and the shield added. Stay well away

As already stated - Poo !

Bad all around..............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast