Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 grey over painted

Article about: HI Chaps I felt a bit like the chaps out of american pickers to day I was invited to my friends barn here in the UK to look at some bits that had been there since my friend could remember he

?

Default M42 grey over painted

HI Chaps
    I felt a bit like the chaps out of american pickers to day I was invited to my friends barn here in the UK to look at some bits that had been there since my friend could remember he is in his 80's ( see the WWI Imperial German thread for the M16 helmet . ) This M42 was under the table with the other WWII helmets this has not been messed with it appears to have been a tropical helmet which has had a grey paint put over the top of this what do you guys think and what service would have worn it ? steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 grey over painted   M42 grey over painted  

M42 grey over painted   M42 grey over painted  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 grey over painted
    P
    Many

Interesting and nice lid, but What is that brass bolt and washer holding in the vent hole??
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Something is going on with this helmet. Why an RZM stamp on the liner? Don't have a good feeling.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wondering about that RZM stamp also.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 04-07-2016 at 03:24 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

was just thinking the exact same thing Steve. Don't recognize it especially the loop and rivet.

As well as the paint. (Tan, white and grey).

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The RZM stamp is strange. In the shell there is a dome stamp that may be encountered on a run of helmets. I don't know the frequency of their application but it was applied by an inspector. The strap is not German and the liner cord is not correct. I have no idea why there is a bolt and washer in the vent but I will guess it was used to display it. NH

MAP
    ?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The RZM stamp is strange. In the shell there is a dome stamp that may be encountered on a run of helmets. I don't know the frequency of their application but it was applied by an inspector. The strap is not German and the liner cord is not correct. I have no idea why there is a bolt and washer in the vent but I will guess it was used to display it. NH
    The dome stamp, while blurry appears consistent with late war M42's (Ken N's book has one similar on a CKL)

I agree - the dome stamp looks good. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The cord looks like a bootlace, the chinstrap is riveted on ( fairly well done ) and its been painted many times over. The bolt was fitted before the tan paint applied and the various residues seem to indicate an overall top coat being stripped back, revealing layers. Too much interference to be now worth much at all IMO.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

looks like a razor blade clean back to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast