Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 Heer

Article about: I snagged this one from the Doctor's table a few years ago at the SOS during the feeding frenzy. I grabbed it when he put it on the table and within the first few seconds I held it, I knew I

Default M42 Heer

I snagged this one from the Doctor's table a few years ago at the SOS during the feeding frenzy. I grabbed it when he put it on the table and within the first few seconds I held it, I knew I couldn't put it down. The rest of the story is history.
    Helmet has some kind of shellac/lacquer on it, possibly done by the vet. Who knows. The photos make it seem more shiny than it actually is.

ET66

Hope you like it as much as I do!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Heer   M42 Heer  

M42 Heer   M42 Heer  

M42 Heer   M42 Heer  

M42 Heer   M42 Heer  

M42 Heer   M42 Heer  

M42 Heer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Heer
    P
    Many

I still need an M42..... this one is nice mate. I like all the personal touches inside.

I like it very much!

Nice M42 ( early with the decal ) Sarge!!!
    Is is (N) athan Robinson written in red paint????

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I have picked up shellacked helmets from vets that did it to keep them from rusting.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I have picked up shellacked helmets from vets that did it to keep them from rusting.
    I thought it was to remind them of the shellacking they gave the Germans, Steve:-)
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Back in the day, the old timers used to shellack just about everything that was metal. Grease down the leather-varnish the metal. Today, we look back and ask ourselves what in the Hell were we thinking? But back then, nobody valued this stuff much. It was nothing to see nice complete German helmets in piles on the ground for 2 bucks apiece. Italians were a dollar. And you don't even want to know how many fine old Mausers and even G-43's were cut down and drilled for hunting scopes, etc. Couldn't give Carcano's and Arisaka's away....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very true post Wagriff last G-43 I foolishly let go had had a recoil pad put on it. Probably when twenty five dollars was going rate. I have got a lot of Vet helmets form friends that have been heavily oiled Vet's also thought they were like guns and oil protected them I suspose that is true to a extent but isn't good on the paint darkens it in time. Nice Helmet Sarge good example of a M-42 SD. timothy

Hi Sarge ,a nice HEER M42, always nice to grab a good looking piece. Leon.

?

A nice one Tommy.
    I've got one that has a similar appearance, but hasn't been lacquered, just handled to buggery, which can make it appear so.
    Either way, I like this one, thanks for sharing.

Brad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast