Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Heer Helmet

Article about: I am here to show THE BEST helmet I have ever seen, and am proud to own. This is a late war model 1942 single decal Heer steel helmet. The maker is unknown due to a light strike of the numbe

Default Minty M42 Heer Helmet

I am here to show THE BEST helmet I have ever seen, and am proud to own. This is a late war model 1942 single decal Heer steel helmet. The maker is unknown due to a light strike of the numbers in the rim, but the lot number is barely visible. The lot number is 4342, putting this helmet around the 1944-1945 date. The paint is the correct color, and is 98% still there, with slight rust to the outer dome. The decal is believed to be a Huber Jordan u. Koerner. and is in fantastic shape. As for the liner...well the pictures speak for themselves. The liner is made by Schuberth-Werk K.G. and the leather is almost mint except for a couple of spots possibly due to it being worn once of twice, and some wear to the edge. As you can see in the picture the liner has never been removed, as the split pins are completely straight. Sadly the chin strap is not present, but I am still searching. This helmet came out of the collection of a well known dealer where I live. I will not state his name due to the fact that I don't have his permission.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Heer Helmet   M42 Heer Helmet  

M42 Heer Helmet   M42 Heer Helmet  

M42 Heer Helmet   M42 Heer Helmet  

Last edited by warbuff; 09-12-2014 at 01:12 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Heer Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Oh mer gerd.... How much did this cost you. My jaw is hitting the floor right now.

This helmet cost me the low price of a Luftwaffe officers visor cap.

?

Around 1000? What a steal if that was the price!

I paid 550 for the cap.

?

Wait what?!?!? This only cost around 550?!!?! Im jealous as hell of this piece.

?

The condition of this helmet wants me to get one or two for myself as well. Even i do not collect them.

I also traded a HJ belt buckle in mint condition, and a Japanese bayonet. so probably around 650, but the Luftwaffe cap was the most valuable item in the trade.

Quote by WillC View Post
    Wait what?!?!? This only cost around 550?!!?! Im jealous as hell of this piece.
    Don't worry WillC you'll get there. I believe I am only about one or two years older than you, and this trade was a major accomplishment for me. There are very few helmets out there in this good of condition, and I was very lucky for it to fall into my hands.

Happy collecting!

anxious to hear what the helmet experts have to say...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast