Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Heer SD offered for review

Article about: I have watched this one on another forum I frequent and am surprised not sold. Does it look ok? Joe

Default M42 Heer SD offered for review

I have watched this one on another forum I frequent and am surprised not sold. Does it look ok?
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Heer SD offered for review   M42 Heer SD offered for review  

M42 Heer SD offered for review   M42 Heer SD offered for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Heer SD offered for review
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like an ET style decal on typical textured paint. Did they give you a lot and maker?

I'm still getting my feet wet on authenticating decals so a bit of pussy footing around for me (i.e. wait for more opinions).

Helmet looks original but the liner is in rotten shape and appears to have been varnished or oiled at one time. Or maybe blood (I see an odd "splinter" and what looks like a concussion fracture on the backside of the top of the helmet in the first and last photo). Shrapnel?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I dont see a crack in the pictures; there is some glue remnant on top. here's pics of markings; seller also states -
    "Named Single Decal M42 Heer German Helmet.
    Helmet is marked ET68 (not 100% sure of the number) and was manufactured at the Eisenhuttenwerke factory.
    Helmet has a good "Huber Jordan & Koerner" Heer decal."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Heer SD offered for review   M42 Heer SD offered for review  

Attached Images Attached Images M42 Heer SD offered for review  M42 Heer SD offered for review 

I believe it is good. I also believe it has a blood rot liner, I may be wrong but seeing the chinstrap cut it may be the case. If true it may be why it as not sold or the price may be too high I do not know the asking price.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Pricing started at $550.00 and now at $400.00.

MAP
    ?

Yes, this could be a thin wing HJ, will need to look at examples. I was focusing on the talons (which are similar to the ET). I gotta look at the whole picture. But I'm still learning here.

Collector to Collector I don't think it is worth much more that what it is being offered for. I've been told that helmet sales are slow these days....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very slow

Hi, looks like a good EF made helmet to me and the decal also looks fine. The damage to the liner is harder to call from these images, but I think it may just have been treated to prevent it falling apart completely. Leon.

it sold.

It was not meant to be.