Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 Helmet

Article about: Hi There, Your thoughts on this helmet would be much appreciated. cool Militaria

So after several weeks of no actual hard evidence or reasons why this decal has been declared a fake, and no input from the real experts out there, a good friend of mine decided to post it elsewhere. Not a single negative response came back, only positives. I have in fact been informed the decal is completely right and from the maker Huber Jordan.
    So thanks chaps, I appreciated losing all that money!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by Mark Tuson View Post
    So after several weeks of no actual hard evidence or reasons why this decal has been declared a fake, and no input from the real experts out there, a good friend of mine decided to post it elsewhere. Not a single negative response came back, only positives. I have in fact been informed the decal is completely right and from the maker Huber Jordan.
    So thanks chaps, I appreciated losing all that money!
    I don't quite understand? .... Scottmadoo was the OP but was it yours Mark??
    Did he not buy it from you after negative comments? .... how did you lose money if the other forum gave it the thumbs up?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I sold it to Scott, who then posted it for authenticity. When he was told it was wrong, he asked for his money back, which with no hesitation I returned to him.
    But the same person who declared that it was fake, was the very same person that I originally bought it from.
    That's why I wanted an explanation as to why it was "Fake"?
    Unfortunately that explanation never materialised.

?

Hi Mark I've never heard that before on a forum what a weird scenario hope everything works out, happened to me once with a dealer over a tunic I wanted to resell to this day I still believe the coat was fine.

Eric

The trouble is Eric, there are to many people and dealers who haven't really got a scooby(clue), but like to hear the sound of their own voice, and when challenged, they can't back it up with hard facts.
    Luckily at the end of the day I still have a nice M42, yes it probably is a "put together" and the chin strap is easily sorted, but how many German helmets out there haven't been messed with?

Hi mark, how much were you asking on the helmet I am just now starting to get into ww1 and ww2 helmets, I been collecting Vietnam era up to modern helmets,plmk

Jack

can't comment on the decal, but the chinstrap looks to me, like a modern reproduction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2