Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 Helmet maker identification

Article about: Hi, Just joined the forum. I have a late war ND M42 with very weak stamps in the rear skirt. I can make out a few of the lot numbers, but the maker and size is too weak. I know the helmet is

?

Default M42 Helmet maker identification

Hi,
    Just joined the forum. I have a late war ND M42 with very weak stamps in the rear skirt. I can make out a few of the lot numbers, but the maker and size is too weak. I know the helmet is a 64, but can anyone identify the maker from these pics ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Helmet maker identification   M42 Helmet maker identification  

M42 Helmet maker identification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Helmet maker identification
    P
    Many

How about some close-ups of the codes...couldn't hurt!
    Nice-looking M42, appears to be a larger size shell...And Welcome to the Forum, Friend...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi, yes some pics of the codes, or the maker/size marks would help. Being only 5 makers, 3 of which changed their id marks, that means 8 that it could be, so just 1 letter would help.

?

There is no point to a close up pic, it would show you nothing that I wouldn't be able to see myself. It's a late helmet, so both stampings should be in the rear skirt. All I can see from the weak strike are 2 lot numbers, a gap, then another lot number. The maker should be above these, but you cannot make anything out, not even in different angles of light.
    I just thought someone on here might be able to identify the maker from the general shape of the shell, vent impressions and so forth.
    My best guess is that the is one of those crappy Fulda hemlets (EF).

MAP
    ?

I'm guessing Clk (SE) or Hkp (ET) from the shape of the vents. But I've never been very good at this guessing game. but the weak stamps are common on EF helmets.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

mmmm, thought ckl was ET personally. Where is the guy that did an identification previously for someone else without knowing the stampings ? He was spot on last time.

MAP
    ?

I may have flipped it around.

Not sure who that was but there are a number of guys here who could probably do that. But not me....I was using Ken N's book as a reference.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

M38
    ?

ET became ckl and SE became hkp. This one looks like an EF with the flat top/dome of the shell.

By the way, pictures of the markings just might help. It's funny but sometimes you can see things in a good clear picture that are not evident to your eyes.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

Thank You Terry. You were spot on! it is an EF like I thought. I can read 3 lot numbers out of 4.
    17-6. This puts the helmet in the EF 4 digit lot number sequence, which is listed as EF64 ND RTGG, RMBS, FT.
    Mystery solved, the helmet is indeed an EF64 M42, no decal, flat top variant.
    I had my suspicions that it was an EF. I was just looking for another opinion that is was an EF.
    I have only ever had 1 other EF flat top variant, which was quite some time ago, and I remember thinking how different it was compared to the shape of helmets from the other makers.

?

Here you go Terry. There is nothing at all, as you would expect, on the side near the chinstrap bail. Totally blank. But the 3 visible lot numbers in the rear are on the pic.M42 Helmet maker identificationM42 Helmet maker identification

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast