Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M42 Helmet - Polish Uprising???

Article about: Things have been ( apart from Real Steel's regular treats ) a bit quiet on the helmet front lately so when I saw this pop up online I thought " now that's interesting and worth discussi

Quote by geelong View Post

German helmets with original Polish painted insignia are super rare. There is no way to distinguish helmets painted after war for "All Saints Day " when Polish Boy Scouts stood guard by graves wearing "Uprising outfits" in 1946 and 1947.

Polish "Milicja" has used all kind of helmets in the late 1940's, and on these helmets they painted "Eagles", White and Red Flags, and other things. These are often called wrongly : " Uprising helmets "
    And I think this settles it...... a "commemoration helmet " from the late 1940's is a very plausible answer done 'before endeavours fade'.

Thankyou Krakow1
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Helmet - Polish Uprising???
    P
    Many

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    ... Guess I'm just a coal scuttle magpie!
    Dear BlackCat,

To learn about special expressions: May I ask you what's the meaning of a 'coal scuttle magpie" please?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    Dear BlackCat,

To learn about special expressions: May I ask you what's the meaning of a 'coal scuttle magpie" please?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Alter M.

Think I told you once months ago I find you a lot of fun on this forum. Thanks for the laugh. I don't know what it means either...but I laughed & I thank you for it

David

sorry Krakow1 .. i was hopping that the link worked to that thread. as i found it interesting. and that any member that was interested would have read the hole thread.

Quote by Krakow1 View Post
    A real genuine helmet wit provenance since 1944 from Warsaw Uprising would cost start at $5.000 USD. And Thank You Mr Geelong for copying my answer from the Polish Militaria Forum. You could have given the "member " who posted it a credit. Thanks
    Humility is a virtue, pride is a deadly sin. What website or dealer might I take a gander at a $5000 Warsaw Uprising helmet ? I am quite interested....would like to learn being a helmet collector. Any idea Krakow1 where I can see one at said price ? Or any price ?

Thanks, David

Quote by geelong View Post
    sorry Krakow1 .. i was hopping that the link worked to that thread. as i found it interesting. and that any member that was interested would have read the hole thread.
    Yeah Geelong....you forgot to give proper credit...Shame on you. (LOL)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Well 40 of our members had a "bo peep" at the thread so it generated some interest ......
    Ya know...I wrote a long winded response (because that is the only way I know how ). Would have been post #5 but then deleted it... because guess why? I realized I had no idea what I was talking about...LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A "coal scuttle" is a nickname for a German helmet ( both wars ) because they look like a coal scoop and a magpie is a bird that collects odd things for its nesting materials......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

This could look like original paint to me.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Helmet - Polish Uprising???  

Quote by Danmark View Post
    A "coal scuttle" is a nickname for a German helmet ( both wars ) because they look like a coal scoop and a magpie is a bird that collects odd things for its nesting materials......
    Dear Danmark,

Thank you very much! Interesting to know, never heard before.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3