Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 helmet without decals

Article about: Hi guys, I have in collection for a long time this M42, without decals and gray-rough painted. Which I have always considered a and war production (and 44/1945). I would really like to know

Default M42 helmet without decals

Hi guys,
    I have in collection for a long time this M42, without decals and gray-rough painted.
    Which I have always considered a and war production (and 44/1945).
    I would really like to know your opinions and get more information about it.

Thank you for all your comments.

Roberto

M42 helmet without decalsM42 helmet without decalsM42 helmet without decalsM42 helmet without decalsM42 helmet without decalsM42 helmet without decalsM42 helmet without decalsM42 helmet without decals

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 helmet without decals
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a nice original ND M42. Harder and harder to find. No expert on chin straps so can't help there.

Liner could be treated can't really tell from my small cell phone. How are the split pins?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Michael,
    here is for you the details of split pins, do not look bad for me, but I'm no expert, I wait for your opinion.

cheers
    Roberto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 helmet without decals   M42 helmet without decals  

M42 helmet without decals   M42 helmet without decals  

M42 helmet without decals  

I like it!....

interesting to learn the ND's are getting harder to find michael the split pins and exterior shell certainly show some darker staining in a slightly larger circumferance around the pin's like a capillary action has taken place from the inside out

Looks Good to me! A Keeper, I like the paint!
    cheers, GLenn

MAP
    ?

Agree with James comment. Does look like the liner was treated and bled a bit but IMHO it is period. Sweat, hair gel, combination???? Who knows but doesn't detract from the helmet.

James: I rarely see nice clean ND M42s anymore. Theory is that lots are snapped up and "re-decaled" by fakers. But what ever it is I should have gotten one when they were plentiful LoL. Now they aren't cheap anymore.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Roberto, nothing wrong with this lovely slate grey M42, as James quite rightly says, these no decal helmets are getting hard to find due to idiots trying to "pimp them up". Leon.

I think the 'fakers got to them' is being a bit overstated , I have not seen that many good ND's screwed up.
    It's a bit of an urban legend in my opinion.

Just saw a nice salty ND ckl today for sale at the fair , should have bought it.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I think the 'fakers got to them' is being a bit overstated , I have not seen that many good ND's screwed up.
    It's a bit of an urban legend in my opinion.

Just saw a nice salty ND ckl today for sale at the fair , should have bought it.
    Ha,ha, I bet the only reason that you did not buy it was that you spent all your cash on a nice decaled helmet instead! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast