Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M42 help!

Article about: lol are you serious?...can you please explain how you came up with this one? really i want to know

Default Re: M42 help!

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    interesting - so you mean it was refurbished and never reissued.
    there is no wear or even aging on the leather.
    I have seen a lot of them like this.
    the reason for the condition could be never reissued ,pick-up by Gi in a truck ,train air field warehouse just may reason why.
    chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 help!
    P
    Many

Its just a ghost, a little bit smoother paint where the decal should be.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I have seen a lot of them like this.
    the reason for the condition could be never reissued ,pick-up by Gi in a truck ,train air field warehouse just may reason why.
    chris
    I agree but leather would still age unless stored sealed.

Hi there,looks a good "minty" M42 to me.The liner looks fine in my eyes,leather kept in the right conditions can look as good as the day it came off the cow/pigs backside!!As for the possible decal? I can see what looks as though a shield shape was on the helmet in picture 5,the area off paint there looks as though it has lost it's "granular" texture and there is a very straight edge to the left hand side of it. What is the lot number and maker on this one? That may help us determine whether this is a no decal/SS removed decal or a post war added decal that's then been removed? Leon.

Try to take close-up pictures of the area where the decal marks are I still can t see it.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Try to take close-up pictures of the area where the decal marks are I still can t see it.
    chris
    Hi Chris,i think the area of a possible removed decal is most probably just a coincidental "rubbing down" on the paintwork that just gives the illusion that a decal may have once been there! That said the lot number and maker would help us out a bit!!A nice helmet though all the same! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Chris,i think the area of a possible removed decal is most probably just a coincidental "rubbing down" on the paintwork that just gives the illusion that a decal may have once been there! That said the lot number and maker would help us out a bit!!A nice helmet though all the same! Leon.
    I think you are correct.
    A nice helmet to have in any collection.
    chris

?

It should be a size 66 shell , nice to see a minty nine fingered liner for once , all told a very acceptable M42 and a great addition to any collection

Just another vote for this one being a nice minty M42. Great condition and never issued. The liner can still be this colour quite easily at this time if its never worn or used. I can also see what you mean about a decal with the texture change around where it should be but I wouldnt bank on one being there at all.

Overall a great lid

Jason

?

I liked it the first second I saw it. It has a nice sand finish on the paint just like my lufty.
    Dean.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast