Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M42 help!

Article about: lol are you serious?...can you please explain how you came up with this one? really i want to know

?

Default Re: M42 help!

I am beginning to understand Frank's sentiment in the other thread, a whole lot of hip shooting going on.
    Last edited by relicz; 06-01-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Regards,
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 help!
    P
    Many

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    I agree but leather would still age unless stored sealed.
    Not necessarily. I am with Chris on this one, it is an unissued M42 in VERY good condition. I would buy this one in a second!

PS: I just read the balance of the thread, I am with Doug, and Adrian , and the rest of those who gave the thumbs up as well. This is a very good helmet, congrats on a super acquisition.

this m42 is a very good condition helmet. its nice to see somthing that was the same as it was the day it came out of the box, 70 odd years ago. but i have to say after looking at so many worn condition helmet. the condition of this one can throw you of a bit. but once you have a closer look you think this is right. a good old minty.

good learning experience for me - thanks !

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    good learning experience for me - thanks !
    and i dont think thats a bad think. isent that what this forum is about. the discussion of these somtimes rare items.

?

Not an SS despite being a lot number match to one of mine. There is no decal under the paint, there would be clearly a raised area under the paint where the decal is, this is simply factory paint with some very common white garage paint splattered on it.

i can not agree with you DougB, i can clearly see the edge of the decal....

M42 help!

M42 help!

?

Attachment 520142

That would make no sense. They put the decal on after painting not before. How would a decal be under factory paint? Also if you look the white dots are also above the vent and on the skirt. That said it looks like something was on top of the paint perhaps.

I would expect it would be 3 dimensional if under the paint and also some crazing.
    (see pic). Take a photo from an angle and see. Do you have a loupe?

Yes DougB, you are right but this is reisued, first was SS and than returned to the factory for repaint and new leather, and they leave decal under the layer of new color. White dots you see are not on the color, but they are small holes in the new color.

Unless I am wrong, and I am never wrong, I see that it was actually a double runic SS before the repaint.

To me, just an unissued, or very lightly used no decal M42, not factory refurbished, just spared the abuse of combat - but I could be wrong. Jim G.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast